The Capital Development Authority (CDA) on Wednesday allotted plots to 42 affected people of Bega Syedan thus settling over two decades old dispute with them but doubts still persist about the balloting process.
However, immediately after issuance of allotment letters to the affected people, the CDA member estate imposed a ban on transfer of plots for six months.
The CDA sources said the ban on transfer of plots had been imposed as the allotment had been made on the basis of balloting, which was conducted over five years back. Then the balloting process was considered to be manoeuvred by the CDA officials. “We have issued the allotment letters but the ban on transfer of plots will continue till all doubts about balloting are cleared,” a CDA official told ‘The News’.
The official said that the allotment of plots might be cancelled if any wrongdoing is found in the old balloting process.
The official said the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) and FIA had already cleared all cases in which allotments had been made.According to CDA sources, the residential plots to the affectees, who had submitted demolition reports of their built up properties (BuPs), have been allotted in Sector I-10.
The cases of various other affected people who had not submitted demolition reports and handing over of possession of land to the CDA were still pending and would be decide in due course of time.
Meanwhile, CDA Chairman Syed Tahir Shahbaz would leave for Turkey today (Thursday) on a short visit. During the visit, the CDA’s top official would hold talks with Turkish officials in connection with cooperation in different sectors.
It may be pointed out here that earlier this year, the Turkish government had extended its cooperation to the CDA in projects like rapid mass transit system, solid waste management and development of Ankara Park.