LAHORE – Capital City Police Officer (CCPO) Aslam Tareen has ordered the Lahore Police to launch strict and effective crackdown against land-grabbers in the provincial metropolis.
The CCPO said in its ongoing campaign against land-grabbers so far, the Lahore Police had registered 157 cases and had arrested 587 culprits. Tareen said Lahore was to be transformed into a city where no powerful person could usurp the property of any weak person and warned that strict action would be taken against any SHO under whose area land-grabbers would operate.In his instructions to police stations, CCPO directed the police officers to ensure exemplary punishment to those who indulge in such illegal activities. He warned that if any officer or official was found involved in providing patronage to the land grabbers, he would also be strictly proceeded against at departmental level. Tareen appealed to the masses to pinpoint such criminals by providing timely and actionable information to the police, as only with the wholehearted cooperation of people criminal elements could be eliminated.
Tareen also directed that along with taking timely action on priority basis against land grabbing groups and proclaimed offenders, effective action should also be taken against elements that provide sanctuary and protection to these criminals.
- PML-N hurdle in PR land recovery, says Ramesh (nation.com.pk)
- CCPO’s transfer: ‘skeletons in the cupboard’ (dawn.com)
- Lawyers torture another Police ASI in Lahore (aaj.tv)
- DIG Cheema out of race for CCPO (nation.com.pk)
- You: IGP claims crime reduced substantially (nation.com.pk)
- Inquiry ordered on widow’s complaint (nation.com.pk)
- You: IGP stresses crime-fighting policing (nation.com.pk)
- Early disposal of complaints directed (nation.com.pk)
- Lahore: Dacoit killed in police encounter was a cop (aaj.tv)