LAHORE: Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif has said that Turk companies are working on different projects in Punjab, and cooperation of Albayrak, a Turk company, in the southern loop project of the Ring Road will be welcomed.
He was talking to a Turk delegation, led by Albayrak Chairman Noori Almalkialbayrak on Thursday. Solid waste management, metro bus service and Ring Road projects were discussed on the occasion.Lahore Transport Company Chairman Khawaja Ahmed Hasaan, the Communication and Works secretary, Lahore commissioner and the LDA director were also present on the occasion.
Speaking on the occasion, the chief minister said that Punjab had completed the northern section of the Lahore Ring Road, and now wanted to work on the southern section of the project.
He said that the northern section of the ring road was completed expeditiously by working round the clock, and was the unique example of transparency and high standard, like other projects.
He said that the Punjab government wanted to start work on the southern loop of the Ring Road as soon as possible, and that after completion of this project, commercial zones would be set up along the Ring Road.
He said that wastage of resources in the execution of development projects had been checked at every level. He said that the companies showing good performance in the execution of development projects were encouraged. He said that Albayrak should also consider cooperation in the construction of southern loop of the Ring Road like other projects. He appreciated the desire of the company to arrange Iftar parties for citizens and washing the mosques of the city with rose water, and said that it would highly motivate the people to take part in noble activities.
Noori Almalkialbayrak said that it was a matter of pleasure for them to work jointly with the Punjab government. He said that earning money was not their aim, but they were here to serve their brethren.
- You: Istanbul Mayor Dr Kadir Topbas arrives Lahore (nation.com.pk)
- Rallies banned on 19 roads (nation.com.pk)
- Interior Ministry for FIR against Punjab CM, others (nation.com.pk)
- Extortionists not allowed to loot cable operators: CM (nation.com.pk)
- You: CM terms Metro Bus a cultural change (nation.com.pk)
- Coventry News: Man taken to hospital after Coventry ring road crash (coventrytelegraph.net)
- Delhi government okays key road works with eye on polls (dailymail.co.uk)
- Govt wakes up to protect investors (nation.com.pk)
- CM Sharif kick-start anti-dengue drive (nation.com.pk)