The Capital Development Authority (CDA) is preparing to launch two new residential sectors by the end of this year.
The civic body will be opening residential sectors in Islamabad after 25 years. Last time the CDA opened sectors D-12 and E-12 where construction of houses is yet to start due to delay in completion of development work.
Well-placed sources in the CDA told ‘The News’ that two new sectors — C-15 and C-16 — would be launched and developed through joint ventures with private companies for their early completion. “The CDA Land Directorate is making arrangements to start survey of the ‘Built-up Property’ (BuP), which will be initiated shortly,” an official said.
The award of land for two sectors was announced in 2008 but no further progress could be made due to various reasons.
Sources said that delay in acquisition of BuP would create many difficulties for the CDA as new infrastructure could be raised by locals, which fall in these two sectors.
CDA Director Land Captain (r) Fariduddin, when contacted, said that Section 144 was already imposed banning any construction activity in the sectors of C series. “We take immediate action to demolish and stop any new construction when we learn about any such activity,” he said.
The CDA official informed that they have already started meetings with locals of two sectors to finalise survey and announcement of award of BuP. “Such matters are resolved only through negotiations and we want to do so in an amicable way as directed by CDA Chairman Farkhand Iqbal,” he said.
He said that they would follow the same award for C-15 and C-16, which was announced in 2008. “The announcement of any new award or making changes in the existing award will be illegal,” he said.
He pointed out that it could take four to six months to complete acquisition of land for new sectors.
The authority would have to complete acquisition of land and BuP in two sectors to avoid any reaction from affected people and to avert litigation matters.
It may be pointed out here that the CDA is yet to acquire remaining few kanals of land in Sector D-12.
“It is the same piece of land from where the main gas pipeline will pass through and the man occupying the area is trying to exploit the situation in his favour,” another senior official said.
- CDA to beautify markets: Farkhand (nation.com.pk)
- “Cabinet okays amends in Ord to empower CDA (nation.com.pk)
- CDA decides to open 10 new sectors (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- CDA to preserve Capital’s beauty: Farkhand (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- CDA proposes Rs26b budget for next fiscal year (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- CDA chief pledges solution of problems (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- CDA fails to start development work (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- CDA allots 35 acres for cricket stadium (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- CDA told to expedite development of Sector I-11 (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- CDA submits report for jail in capital today (nation.com.pk)