LAHORE, May 23: The Lahore Development Authority on Wednesday clarified that names of three residential schemes were mistakenly included in a press release mentioning 52 illegal housing schemes issued to the media on May 16.
A related press release issued to newspapers on May 16 mentioned 102 housing schemes declared illegal — 52 by LDA and another 50 by the CDGL.On further scrutiny, it was observed that names of Behria Phase-II, Dream Gardens and Sheraz Town were mistakenly reflected in the press release issued by the LDA, the spokesman said.
He said the LDA had approved Behria Town (Safari Town) at Mouza Paji but for violations of the approved plan, legal action had been initiated and this corrigendum does not absolve Behria Town of the legal action against irregularities.
Similarly, he said, with regard to Dream Gardens and Sheraz Town, in case of any irregularity surfacing the LDA reserved its right to take legal action.
He further said the LDA had come to know that some old schemes were approved by the District Council, Lahore, TMAs and other planning agencies and the sponsor/developers of such schemes might submit their representations to the LDA, which
would be examined and dealt with strictly in accordance with law.
- LDA: No excuse for procrastination (nation.com.pk)
- LDA Warning about 14 illegal housing schemes at Ferozpur Road Lahore (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- TEPA announces 170 openings (nation.com.pk)
- LDA officials warned of action (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Action against illegal housing schemes on the cards (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Probe recommends action against LDA planning boss (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- 102 housing schemes declared illegal (dawn.com)
- LDA retrieves Liberty plot (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- LDA dengue larvaciding to start soon (nation.com.pk)