RAWALPINDI – The Planning and Development Department, Punjab has formally approved PC-1 of the railway tunnel at Mareer Chowk and the Housing Ministry has issued approval letter of the project to Rawalpindi Development Authority (RDA).
According to sources, Punjab government allocated Rs 228 million for the project in current budget but so far they have not released a single rupee for the project and Rs 429 million is total estimated cost of the project.
RDA sources told this agency that Rs 90 million would be released in few days for the project and 75 million rupees would be transferred to railways.It merits mentioning here that 35 million rupees would be given to WAPDA, gas department and PTCL to shift their services before next year when the project would be formally inaugurated.
Director General, Naseer Ahmed said that services of a consultant would be hired for the project designing and then tenders would be issued, under the Mareer Chowk Railway Bridge. He said the road would be widened to 30 feet from both sides.
- PC-1 of Mareer Chowk project approved (nation.com.pk)
- The Marrir Chowk Underpass project has failed to get a go-ahead from the Punjab government as Rawalpindi Development Authority (RDA) could not obtain the mandatory no-objection certificate (NOC) from the Pakistan Railways in this regard. (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Gilani protecting corrupt master: Shahbaz (nation.com.pk)
- Gilani protecting corrupt master, says Shahbaz (nation.com.pk)
- DCO for making Fawara Chowk parking plaza functional (nation.com.pk)
- PTCL Launches 3G EVO Nitro Wireless Broadband (aaj.tv)
- Chandni Chowk Flyover adds to traffic congestion (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Weaker rupee may not help exports, says study (news.in.msn.com)
- Parking plaza CDGR wants its land back (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- 71 housing schemes declared illegal, (propertiesinpakistan.pk)