ISLAMABAD, May 4: The local administration and the Capital Development Authority (CDA) have decided to constitute a committee to expedite work on eight development projects in the city, including the construction of Bari Imam Shrine Complex.
The committee of accounts officers will utilise the funds transferred to the CDA by the capital territory administration for expeditious completion of the projects.
The commissioner said the pace of work on the projects should be expedited to complete them without further delay. The local administration has released funds for the projects a long time ago, he added.The meeting was informed that the ICT administration had transferred Rs136 million to the CDA for completion of the Bari Imam Shrine Complex. However, it has been observed that work on the project has almost stalled due to non-release of the dues to the contractor by the CDA.
Member Finance CDA Javed Jhanghir assured the meeting that he would take up the matter with the chairman CDA and the member engineering to resolve the matter.
Project Director Ayaz Khan also assured the participants that he would immediately complete the construction of the gate at the police line headquarters and would also complete the remaining security-related development projects on a priority basis.The projects include construction of IG police block at G-11/4, wireless complex and residential accommodation for the staff in Sector H-11, security measures for the police stations phase-I and phase-II, construction of five police barracks, Amin Block quarters guard and three barracks for magazines.
- Plea to CDA office’s conversion into commercial plot dismissed (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- CDA fails to start development work (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- IHC stays allotment of plots to CDA officers (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- CDA told to expedite development of Sector I-11 (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Cabinet Div turns down CDA request (nation.com.pk)
- CDA eyes Park Enclave development as ‘alternative’ (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- CDA to spend Rs 257m on Ankara Park’s development (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- CDA mulls to start project with deferred payment (nation.com.pk)
- CDA pledges to make Islamabad a ‘model city’ (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- PM asks CDA to allocate land for ‘Benazir hall of fame (propertiesinpakistan.pk)