ISLAMABAD – The residents of the capital city are facing inconvenience owing to the negligence of the Capital Development Authority (CDA) towards repairing roads and streets of various sectors, which are in dilapidated condition.
Residents claim that the civic body is least concerned about ensuring proper maintenance of roads and streets, adding that most of the manholes are also lying open.
The residents of the city informed to this agency that streets and roads in the city are creating problems for residents and hundreds of small and big ditches of different radius have appeared on the streets, often filled with dirty water oozing out of broken water pipelines. Though the concern authority had rebuilt broken roads but due to use of sub-standard material they were broken once gain.
Dilapidated streets and roads in federal rural areas are creating inconvenience and problems for residents while authorities concerned playing the role of a silent spectator.
Mohsin Ali, F/6-1 resident, said the issue has been brought to CDA’s notice, adding that even the roads and streetlight are in poor condition. The residents of Sectors G-7 and G-6 also alleged the concerned authorities for their negligence in ensuring cleanliness, which resultantly leads to different diseases springing up in the locality.
An old man Tahir Qayum in sector F-6 said that it was too difficult for pedestrians to walk easily on this road, as speedy cars and bikes splashed dirty water on people.
“Now I am going to Mosque to offer my prayer but not sure whether I will succeed to save my clothes from the splash of unclean water or not,” he lamented.
He demanded of the concern authority to repair the road as early as possible.
A shopkeeper, Suhail Ahmed, while pointing his finger towards filthy water flooded in front of his shop, said; “How can any customer take risk to pass through this pound to buy items from my shop”.
“CDA must pay attention on the poor condition of the streets and roads,” he added. When contacted, CDA for this purpose they said we would soon be started the work.
- CDA to spend Rs 257m on Ankara Park’s development (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Plea to CDA office’s conversion into commercial plot dismissed (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- CDA told to expedite development of Sector I-11 (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- CDA pledges to make Islamabad a ‘model city’ (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- IHC stays allotment of plots to CDA officers (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- CDA directed to start development in Sector I-15 (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- CDA ‘gifts’ over 106 acres of land (nation.com.pk)
- Land compensation case CDA on the verge of facing contempt (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- 1,800 retired CDA employees to get plots (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- CDA set to sell off Margalla Towers plot (nation.com.pk)