By Haris Hanif
KARACHI: The construction work of a portion of Jail Chowrangi Flyover of Signal Free Corridor SFC-III, which passes from the Central Prison boundary and leads to the University Road was yet incomplete due to what appeared to be the apathy of provincial government as it had not released funds.
The sources in KMC Works & Services Department said that the construction work of flyover was earlier hampered, as the jail authorities had some reservations over its construction, because some houses of the prison staff and the office of the DIG Prison were also affected by the construction of the flyover.They further added the issue with the prison administration had settled down and now the releasing of funds by the Sindh government is the main issue in the completion of the remaining work on flyover.
An official of the KMC apprised that the PC-I of Jail Chowrangi Flyover was Rs 1,165 million and it had decided that the flyover would be constructed by the funds of Sindh government and defunct City District Government Karachi.
He further added shortage of funds is the main hindrance in the completion of flyover as Rs 283 million have still not been released by the provincial government.
He hoped that the KMC had sent a letter to the chief minister in this regard and the summary of the releasing of funds would be cleared soon. It is worth mentioning here that the Jail Chowrangi Flyover of SFC-III was inaugurated in the tenure of former city nazim Syed Mustafa Kamal in 2009.
- Governor opens Afza Altaf flyover (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Muslim Town Flyover completed (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Second phase of Muslim Town Flyover completed (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Work stepped up on incomplete flyover (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- About 80 per cent work of Ichhra flyover completed (nation.com.pk)
- Muslim Town flyover Inauguration to be delayed by a couple of days (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Funeral prayers of 7 who died in Karachi accident offered (nation.com.pk)
- Teenager shot dead at Nationalist rally in Karachi (aaj.tv)
- Flyover fails to free Benazir Bhutto Road of traffic jams (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Karachi violence claims seven lives (nation.com.pk)