CDA Chairman Farkhand Iqbal while talking to ‘The News’ on March 31 had given his words that the development work at the sector, which was launched in July last year, would begin exactly 21 days after.
A senior official of the civic, however, told this correspondent on Monday that it would take at least two months to kick off civil work including construction of approach roads to the main road.
“The final decision will be taken on chairman’s return from China,” he said.
The earlier tendering process which became controversial when the Transparency International Pakistan (TIP) raised objections over the exercise writing a letter to the Capital Development Authority in first week of January informing its management about serious objections raised by three out of four short-listed contractors to pre-qualification criteria set for awarding the Rs3 billion contract of infrastructure works in Park Enclave.
In response, the incumbent chairman decided to cancel the whole tendering process saying that he would go for open tendering instead of pre-qualification of procedure.
The CDA official said to start with they would give an advertisement in newspapers calling tenders for raising boundary wall around the sector.
“We need to construct boundary wall to prevent encroachment of sector’s land,” he said adding that presently they are in processing of finalising designs.
The sources in CDA said that it was yet to be decided whether the final contractor would be picked up through pre-qualification process or open tendering.
The civic body, which is facing worst fiscal crisis, was expected to raise around Rs5 billion from sale of residential sectors having all the plots measuring 500 square yards each.
- CDA told to expedite development of Sector I-11 (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Park Enclave development work to start after 21 days: CDA chief (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- CDA directed to start development in Sector I-15 (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Cabinet Div turns down CDA request (nation.com.pk)
- 1,800 retired CDA employees to get plots (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- CDA ‘gifts’ over 106 acres of land (nation.com.pk)
- CDA pledges to make Islamabad a ‘model city’ (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- CDA to spend Rs 257m on Ankra Park (nation.com.pk)
- CDA chairman, Sakhi make hasty exit (nation.com.pk)
- CDA eyes Park Enclave development as ‘alternative’ (propertiesinpakistan.pk)