He stated this during inspection of the under-construction Canal Flyover on the Ferozepur Road here on Sunday. Shahbaz said a network of roads, bridges, flyovers and underpasses was being laid so that best traveling facilities could be available to the masses. He said transparency, quality construction and timely completion of development projects were the hallmark of the Punjab government. He said people would get rid of traffic problems after the construction of Canal Flyover and trade activities would increase on the Ferozepur Road.
The chief minister said that Canal Flyover would be inaugurated on March 23. He directed the Lahore DCO to identify a suitable piece of land for constructing a parking plaza on the Ferozepur Road for the convenience of people and traders.
While directing to constitute a supervisory committee for ensuring completion of the Canal Flyover within the stipulated period, the CM said the committee would supervise the construction work regularly. He directed the chief traffic officer to ensure smooth flow of traffic during construction work on the Ferozepur Road. The Parks & Horticulture Authority DG informed the CM on this occasion that green areas would be developed alongside the Canal Flyover.
Earlier, Communication & Works Secretary Azam Suleman while giving a briefing to the chief minister said the work on the project of Canal Flyover was going on round the clock. He said the project would be a unique regarding the quality construction
- About 80 per cent work of Ichhra flyover completed (nation.com.pk)
- Work stepped up on incomplete flyover (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Govt ignores protest (nation.com.pk)
- Muslim Town flyover Inauguration to be delayed by a couple of days (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- LDA Warning about 14 illegal housing schemes at Ferozpur Road Lahore (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Gilani protecting corrupt master, says Shahbaz (nation.com.pk)
- Gilani protecting corrupt master: Shahbaz (nation.com.pk)
- Shahbaz may open Chandni Chowk Flyover (nation.com.pk)