ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister’s Task Force on Islamabad Chairman Faisal Sakhi Butt has directed the relevant formations of the Capital Development Authority (CDA) to expedite development work in Sector I-11 so that the allottees, who have been waiting for the past 22 years, can start building their houses.
He issued the directives during an inspection visit of the sector on Monday. A number of allottees of the area also met the chairman and deliberated upon the issues facing the sector.
Faisal Butt said that CDA had initiated development process in the sector on the directions of the task force, “which is instrumental towards rapid development of sectors stalled for the last two decades”.He said the sector was also facing the problem of encroachment and slums, which must be removed at the earliest to extend development activities there. He directed the enforcement director to plan a comprehensive strategy for an operation to remove slums and illegal occupants.
The chairman was told that the CDA was collaborating with the organisations concerned for shifting of slums, and that the authority was working for the allotment of plots to the victims of fraudulent allotments and paying them compensation at the earliest. He said that the fraud victims of the sector had already been allotted plots in Sector I-12. Faisal Butt also held a meeting with a delegation of allottees who appreciated the role of the task force for commencing development activates in the sector.
He was told that low-income employees were allotted plots some 22 years ago, but the authority could not carry out development activities.
- CDA directed to start development in Sector I-15 (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- 1,800 retired CDA employees to get plots (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Spring tree plantation drive starts tomorrow (nation.com.pk)
- CDA pledges to make Islamabad a ‘model city’ (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- CDA to spend Rs 257m on Ankra Park (nation.com.pk)
- CDA ‘gifts’ over 106 acres of land (nation.com.pk)
- CDA chairman, Sakhi make hasty exit (nation.com.pk)
- CDA set to sell off Margalla Towers plot (nation.com.pk)
- Construction of barracks (nation.com.pk)
- Land compensation case CDA on the verge of facing contempt (propertiesinpakistan.pk)