ISLAMABAD, March 30: Park Enclave housing project on Friday received another jolt when National Engineering Services of Pakistan (Nespak) rejected all bids submitted by four firms pre-qualified for designing and laying of infrastructure, official of the Capital Development Authority (CDA) told Dawn.
Nespak services were hired by the CDA two months ago to assess technical bids of four construction firms. It found flaws in their bids.The development work was first hampered when villagers of Kurri and Moza Mujjuan ransacked a ceremony for what they called ‘non-payment of dues of their lands’ forcing the CDA bosses to escape from the scene.
“Today Nespak rejected bids of all four firms because their technical side threshold did not qualify the standard set by the department,” the CDA’s Member Planning Aziz Qureshi told Dawn.
He said in order to ensure transparency the authority could not reconsider the bids rejected by Nespak.
He said the CDA chairman had called a meeting to decide future course.
A total of 15 construction firms had submitted their documents and four firms, Habib Rafiq, Saadullah Khan & Brothers (SKB), Maaksons,
and Echo West, were selected.
The number of plots (each measuring 500 sq yards or one kanal) in the scheme are about 700 and more than 500 people had purchased them 10 months ago. Now they are waiting for its early development.
The plot owners of Park Enclave scheme are worried about the future of the scheme.
“We were promised by former CDA chairman Imtiaz Inayat Elahi that the scheme will have modern features and be completed within one year but I think its completion will take another year or so,” said Waheed Khan, a businessman and owner of a plot. — Syed Irfan Raza
- CDA eyes Park Enclave development as ‘alternative’ (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- CDA chairman, Sakhi make hasty exit (nation.com.pk)
- CDA to spend Rs 257m on Ankra Park (nation.com.pk)
- CDA exceeds budgeted figure (nation.com.pk)
- CDA raises housing societies fees, penalties (nation.com.pk)
- CDA pledges to make Islamabad a ‘model city’ (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- CDA set to sell off Margalla Towers plot (nation.com.pk)
- Cabinet Div turns down CDA request (nation.com.pk)
- CDA to spend Rs 257m on Ankara Park’s development (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Land compensation case CDA on the verge of facing contempt (propertiesinpakistan.pk)