LAHORE, March 26: Lahore Development Authority Director General Ahad Cheema on Monday cancelled his predecessor`s March 19 order of entrusting 11 inquiries to additional director general (housing) Irfan Ali Bhatti.
Former LDA director general Abdul Jabbar Shaheen had withdrawn these inquiries from additional director general (headquarters) Hafiz Ehsanul Haq and assigned these to Bhatti.
Cheema reassigned these inquiries to Haq.“The office order…of March 19 regarding transfer of 11 inquiries from Haq to Mr Bhatti is hereby cancelled/withdrawn with immediate effect. Now former inquiry officer Mr Haq will complete these inquiries,” says the order issued by Cheema on Monday.
Sources told Dawn Cheema reassigned these inquiries to Haq after some media reports showed that Shaheen assigned these inquires to Bhatti soon after the government ordered appointment of Lahore district coordination officer Cheema as LDA director general on March 19.
Sources said withdrawal of inquiries from Haq ahead of his retirement on April 2 showed that Shaheen wanted to give `favour` to some officials facing inquiries.
Shaheen told this reporter on March 19 that his decision was justified. “I withdrew inquiries from Haq and entrusted these to Bhatti after I received applications from some accused officials,” he stated.
- Outgoing DG’s bid to affect LDA probe (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- LDA quota for lower workers (nation.com.pk)
- You: Cheema takes charge as LDA DG (nation.com.pk)
- Posted (nation.com.pk)
- LDA auctions five plots (nation.com.pk)
- LDA dengue larvaciding to start soon (nation.com.pk)
- LDA: No excuse for procrastination (nation.com.pk)
- Retirement (nation.com.pk)
- LDA offers appointment to 45 candidates (nation.com.pk)
- CDG, LDA held responsible for factory collapse (propertiesinpakistan.pk)