LAHORE – While the Pakistan Railwaysis continuing its efforts to retrieve illegally occupied land, an official disclosed here on Wednesday that talks have been initiated with government departments and the defence forces to vacate entire PR land under their control.
It is worth mentioning here that 4583.474 acres of Pakistan Railways’ land is currently under illegal occupation. Of this, 447.304 acres have been captured by government departments and another 1568.118 by the defence forces. In the latest part of its anti-encroachment drive, the PR officials have retrieved approximately 24 acres of land since February 1. The campaign against land mafia is being conducted by the Railways’ Directorate of Property and Land in its 8 divisions. It was started following directives by the Supreme Court of Pakistan.
According to details, the Railways has retrieved 2.142 acres of land in Peshawar division, 5.524 in Rawalpindi, 739 in Multan, 3.747 in Sukkur, 6.244 in Karachi, 0.299 in Quetta, 0.496 in Lahore division, with another 0.365 acres near the Railways Headquarters alone.
- Railways in land retrieval talks with defence forces (nation.com.pk)
- Railways land to be retrieved soon (nation.com.pk)
- Pakistan Railways 287 Locomotives Out of Order (epakistannews.com)
- Illegal PR occupants offer stiff resistance (nation.com.pk)
- Railways to implement SC ruling (nation.com.pk)
- Notices irk settlers of PR land (nation.com.pk)
- Stuttering start: Pakistan’s first private train service skips payments (pakistannationalnews.com)
- You: Business train introduces budget class (nation.com.pk)
- Hard work being made to improve Pak Railways (epakistannews.com)
- You: Railways to restore all trains (nation.com.pk)