Construction work on Mareer Chowk Tunnel project at the busiest chowk of Rawalpindi city would be started soon as the grant in this regard has been released by the Punjab government. According to city district government spokesman, Punjab government has released Rs50 million for the construction of new tunnels on the both sides of Mareer Chowk Railway-overhead bridge.He informed that No Objection Certificate (NOC) in this respect has also been obtained from the railway department. According to details, earlier a proposal in this regard was presented to the CM requesting that the project should be started as there is huge traffic load at Mareer Chowk and the traffic mess at the intersection creates problems for the citizens. It was also mentioned that due to the traffic congestion, the motorists have to wait 10 to 30 minutes normally besides long lines of vehicles are witnessed there.
In order to provide relief to the citizens and for the resolution of traffic problems Chief Minister Punjab Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif had given approval of the project and now a grant for the project has also been released. With the construction of the project, a long standing demand of the citizens would be fulfilled and they will get a sigh of relief as crossing of Mareer Chowk especially during peak hours, is a test of nerves for the motorists. The Mareer Chowk Tunnel project will resolve the traffic congestion problem.
- Shahbaz may open Chandni Chowk Flyover (nation.com.pk)
- 3 murdered over old enmity in Rawalpindi (nation.com.pk)
- Students’ rage: Pindi education board office charred in fire of fury (pakistannationalnews.com)
- 2 die on road (nation.com.pk)
- PHP recovers stolen cattle, vehicle (nation.com.pk)
- MNA Saima Akhtar joins PML-N (nation.com.pk)
- MPs meet CM (nation.com.pk)
- Counters, compensation ordered (nation.com.pk)
- Gen Ghani meets CM (nation.com.pk)
- Black coats rally against federal, Punjab govts (nation.com.pk)