Waheed said motorcycles and rickshaws would not be allowed to enter the Ring Road once it is completed by the end of February.The northern loop was originally scheduled to be complete by November 2011. Waheed said currently motorcyclists mostly used the Ring Road till the Bhatta Chowk Interchange to enter and exit Defence.
“As soon as the toll plazas are set up, bikes and rickshaws will instantly be banned on the Ring Road. The Ring Road is a fast moving track and slow moving vehicles will not only endanger their own lives but also the lives of other commuters.”
Zubair Jan, a resident of Defence, said that the road ahead of Bhatta Interchange was only used by racers. He said most of them performed stunts and there were no traffic police to address to stop them.
- Call to stop toll plaza near GCU Ksk campus (nation.com.pk)
- Misuse of blue lights goes unchecked (nation.com.pk)
- Woman shot dead on GT Road (nation.com.pk)
- Integration of toll plazas on cards (thehindu.com)
- Toll collection on Mannuthy NH stretch from tomorrow (thehindu.com)
- Traffic Police to control Ring Road (nation.com.pk)
- Auto Traffic Down On Tollways Since Toll Hike (chicago.cbslocal.com)
- Tolls on Eti-Osa -Lekki expressway begins tomorrow (vanguardngr.com)
- Dulles Toll Road Rates Increase January 1 (baltimore.cbslocal.com)
- New Year Means New Tolls For Illinois Drivers (chicago.cbslocal.com)
- The Quagmire We Call Toll Rates (excusemylogic.wordpress.com)
- Limited lanes take toll at Thruway’s Exit 26 (timesunion.com)