ISLAMABAD – Permanent income resources would be tapped to make the Capital Development Authority (CDA) a self-sustainable organisation in line with the modern municipalities of the world. This was stated by the Chairman CDA, Engineer Farkhand Iqbal, while presiding the first meeting of the CDA Board after assuming the charge of the office here on Sunday. According to a press statement issued here, the meeting was attended by the members of the authority’s different administrative wings, wherein the new CDA chief was given a presentation on the working of the organization. The new CDA chairman said that the generation of funds through sustainable development process and attracting the foreign investment would be focused and coordinated efforts would be made to execute the development projects.
He said that efficient financial management would be maintained through timely reconciliation of the accounts, coordination with the funding organisations and strict monitory discipline. He said that energy conservation measures would also be introduced and efforts would be made to curtail the non-development expenditures of the authority. Engineer Farkhand Iqbal said that timely completion of the projects would be ensured as the unnecessary delays are the major cause of escalation of the total cost of the development schemes. He said that hard work, transparency and team work would enable the authority to develop Islamabad as one of the model and environment friendly cities of the world. He said that the encroachments in the markets and unhygienic conditions gave an ugly picture of the city. He said that a strict monitoring of the projects and constant interaction with relevant organizations and government agencies would have positive impact on financial health of the civic body.
- CDA board approves four agro-farms cases (nation.com.pk)
- FIA seeks record of 5 farms from CDA (nation.com.pk)
- CDA ordered to review rates within month (nation.com.pk)
- CDA puts lives at stake (nation.com.pk)
- CDA gives approval (nation.com.pk)
- Senate body asks CDA to make hirings (nation.com.pk)
- CDA to launch new residential sector in CDA zone 4 Islamabad (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- CDA carries out fumigation in vegetable market (nation.com.pk)
- FIA attitude vexes CDA chief (nation.com.pk)
- Environment top priority of CDA (nation.com.pk)