ISLAMABAD: The Senate Functional Committee on Government Assurances on Tuesday sought report regarding non-provision of electricity to Sector I-16 by Ministry of Water & Power within three days and directed IESCO and CDA officials to settle the issue within three days.
The Senate body met here in the Parliament House under the chairpersonship of Kulsoom Parveen. Members of the committee Sabina Rauf, Hafiz Rasheed Ahmed and Muhammad Ali Durrani were also present.
The officials from CDA told the committee that development work pertaining to roads and allied work in I-16 have been completed and work on 1150 Rft of S.R (South) 2nd carriage way is incomplete due to possession issue.
He informed the committee members that the remaining development work on road infrastructure, sewerage and other allied facilities is in progress and will be completed within six months.
He said that water lines within the sector have been laid, while work on the supply of water is remaining.
He said CDA paid Rs 350 million to IESCO in April 2008 as full cost of Grid Station. Construction of Grid Station has been completed and CDA paid Rs 59.84 million to IESCO as full payment of External Electrification in 2005 and IESCO is demanding Rs 65.903 million more on original work already paid by CDA.
The official from IESCO said that IESCO processed the case on the request of CDA and approved the electrification schemes for Sector I-16 and the load of the sector is 18.3 MW.
The committee also expressed its concerns about wrong presentation by IESCO and warned that WAPDA should settle the issue within the next three days. app
- MPCHS serves notice on CDA (nation.com.pk)
- IESCO announce power outage schedule (epakistannews.com)
- CDA gives approval (nation.com.pk)
- CDA to launch new residential sector in CDA zone 4 Islamabad (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- CDA puts lives at stake (nation.com.pk)
- Islamabad: CDA owes Rs 35bn to affectees of buildup property (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- FIA seeks record of 5 farms from CDA (nation.com.pk)
- Senate body asks CDA to make hirings (nation.com.pk)
- Islamabad: Date extended on demand of overseas Pakistanis (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- CDA launches drive to ake capital litter-free (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Russian communists win support as Putin party fades – Reuters (reuters.com)
- Are Iowa’s True Believers Ready to Forgive Newt Gingrich’s Sins? – TIME (swampland.time.com)
- Europe goes back to the drawing board – CNN (money.cnn.com)
- Reid Seeks to Break Impasse on Payroll Tax Cuts, Unemployment – BusinessWeek (businessweek.com)
- Egypt Holds First Election Run-Offs After Islamist Gains – BusinessWeek (businessweek.com)
- CDA all set to launch Margalla Enclave (nation.com.pk)
- CDA carries out fumigation in vegetable market (nation.com.pk)
- CDA refuses to follow NA body directives (nation.com.pk)