KARACHI: Karachi Metro-politan Corporation (KMC) has decided to call tenders for the construction of
94-kilometre Malir Expressway through its publication in international media for submission of bids by mid-May 2012.
The decision was taken in a meeting chaired by Administrator Karachi Muhammad Hussain Syed on Thursday.
The project will be carried out under the public-private partnership agreement that would cost about Rs 70 billion. Its completion would provide convenience to heavy traffic taking the route of National Highway.Representative of Corps-V Brigadier Syed Hasan Raza, Director General Technical Services, representative of consultant firm and KMC officers attended the meeting. It was informed that the SUPRA regulations will be fully implemented for this project as the expressway would have 92-kilometre on both sides from Qayyumabad Flyover to Superhighway.
The meeting was further informed that this project had been planned with the Lyari Expressway but could not start and now with the spread of city on one side and the allocation of thousands of plots to citizens in New Malir Housing Scheme it was necessary to connect these areas with a new route so that these residential schemes could be made successful.
- Dangerous buildings in Karachi (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- You: Karachi rally will decide Pakistan’s future: Imran (nation.com.pk)
- Governor expresses satisfaction over better sanitation in city (aaj.tv)
- Karachi Football League (nation.com.pk)
- Karachi rally will decide Pakistan’s future: Imran (aaj.tv)
- Abidi gets rousing welcome in Karachi (nation.com.pk)
- 2 bikers killed in Karachi ambush (nation.com.pk)
- 7 killed in Karachi (aaj.tv)
- Witness to Turabis murder shot dead (nation.com.pk)
- Sindh govt issues notification to Commissioners, DCs notified (aaj.tv)
- You: Karachi Football League (nation.com.pk)
- Abidi to hold PPP fort in Karachi (nation.com.pk)
- Al Shahbaz FC Korangi win in Karachi Football League (nation.com.pk)
- Rangers powers extended for 3 months in Karachi (aaj.tv)