ISLAMABAD: The Capital Development Authority (CDA) has completed more than 90 percent of the development work in Sector I-16 and the allottees have started construction of their houses in the area, said CDA Chairman Imtiaz Inayat Elahi on Thursday.
He was briefing members of Senate Standing Committee headed by Senator Kulsoom Parveen during their visit to inspect the development work in the Sector I-16 on Thursday.Member Engineering, Syed Ibrar Hussain Shah, Member Estate, Khalid Mehmood Mirza and other senior officers of the authority were also present on the occasion along with worthy officials of other relevant government departments including IESCO and SNGPL.
The chairman apprised the members of standing committee that development works including road infrastructure, water supply, sewerage and other allied facilities were in progress simultaneously and would be completed within six months.
He said CDA had completed the lying of water supply lines within the sector in addition to the rapid progress on the Shah Allah Ditta Water Supply Project. He said CDA would install three news tube wells in the sector in addition to the water supply to be provided from the Khan Pur Dam. He said a vast majority of people had already been given possession of the plots in this sector and construction of the houses has commenced.
Elahi said that CDA was focusing on the development of the stalled sectors in addition to launching new housing projects to overcome the shortfall of the residential units in the federal capital. He said that they had revisited the priorities for development and focus was being given to addressing the basic issues of the residents. He apprised the senators that despite the financial constrains, effort was being made for early completion of the projects.
The members of the standing committee appreciated the efforts of CDA and directed to further expedite the development work to facilitate the allottees of Sector I-16. The senators appreciated the efforts of CDA Chairman and his team for completing the development schemes and launching new housing sectors in city.
- Senate body asks CDA to make hirings (nation.com.pk)
- FIA seeks record of 5 farms from CDA (nation.com.pk)
- CDA to launch new residential sector in CDA zone 4 Islamabad (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- CDA issues 3,000 notices to residents (nation.com.pk)
- MPCHS serves notice on CDA (nation.com.pk)
- Islamabad: Date extended on demand of overseas Pakistanis (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- CDA ordered to review rates within month (nation.com.pk)
- Environment top priority of CDA (nation.com.pk)
- CDA all set to launch Margalla Enclave (nation.com.pk)
- Staff shortage troubles people visiting CDA offices (nation.com.pk)
- CDA ordered to maintain status quo (nation.com.pk)
- CDA carries out fumigation in vegetable market (nation.com.pk)