RAWALPINDI: Commissioner Rawalpindi Zahid Saeed and MNA Hanif Abbasi held a meeting here Monday to review the progress of the Murree Road fly over project and shifting of utility services from the project site.
Addressing the meeting, MNA Hanif Abbasi said that the contractor firm, NLC, should sprinkle water on the road sides of the project three times a day to save the people living in adjoining areas from dust.
He said that the site where the utility services were being shifted should be leveled, to save the commuters from any problem.
Commissioner Rawalpindi Zahid Saeed said that TMA Rawal Town officials should remove the encroachments from the alternative roads of Murree Road to ensure the smooth flow of traffic and to minimize the traffic problems on these roads. The meeting was also attended by SE Punjab Highways Farhat Munir, XEN Highways Abdul Shakoor Khan, Project Director Engineer Rana Muhammad Basharat, CTO Ghulam Abbas Tarar, Administrator Rawal Town Saif Anwar Jappah, the representatives of WAPDA, PTCL, Sui Gas and WASA. The SE Punjab Highways Farhat Munir informed the meeting that Rs.22.272 million had been provided to the departments of utility services to shift their services from the site roads.
The meeting showed dissatisfaction on the slow pace of work by WAPDA for shifting of services and they had been directed to increase the pace of work and 35 poles be removed within a week.
The Suigas officials informed the meeting that all services from the projectsite and on alternative roads would be removed by November 30, while PTCL officials informed the meeting that 20 poles would removed within two days time and the existing poles would be removed thereafter immediately.
Commissioner Rawalpindi Zahid Saeed directed traffic police department to ensure the smooth traffic on Murree road and on alternative roads at every cost. The closed U-turns may be opened or closed ones be opened for the smooth flow of traffic, wherever the traffic police authorities deem right to minimize the traffic problems, he added. (APP)
- Rawalpindi TMA pensioners protest over delay in payment (nation.com.pk)
- Modern traffic signal system installed at 21 intersections (nation.com.pk)
- Gilani inaugurates Rs 12 billion Islamabad-Murree Expressway (nation.com.pk)
- Hockey ground to be ready by Nov 15 (nation.com.pk)
- Position holder students reach Murree for trip (nation.com.pk)
- 3 Wapda officials nabbed (nation.com.pk)
- Sabir steals the show, Wapda dominate (nation.com.pk)
- New machines soon for vital power project (nation.com.pk)
- Traders help sought to curb hoarding (nation.com.pk)
- IESCO announce power outage schedule (epakistannews.com)
- Murree Express way corruption exposed (pakistanic.com)
- Fortune-tellers predicting governments fall to face disappointment: Gilani (nation.com.pk)