It is feared that the genuine people affected in the process of land acquisition, would be deprived of their due compensation and allottees of the plots in the sector would further suffer due to delay in development work and handing over possession of plots to them. It seems that the land mafia was active in all three sub-sectors of G-14 and had been constructing dummy houses with cement blocks and factory prepared roofs to include them in the survey list of build-up property compensation.
Federal Government Employees Housing Foundation (FGEHF) in 2003 had announced allotment of Sector G-14 for the different categories of government officers and other segments through balloting.
After receiving applications, almost 8,000 applicants were allotted plots in three sub-sectors, it was expected that within three to four years development of the sector would be completed, and possession of the plots will be handed over to the allottees.
The administration of the departments concerned at that time put off the matter of built-up property compensation pending due to which now they have a chance to make money through dummy build-up properties.
Sources on Tuesday said that amazingly the rate of encroachment in Sector G-14/1 was much less as compared to other sub-sectors as people pass through that area and they might complain in that regard.
Residents of the area said that land mafia had been continuously constructing dummy houses, police and FGEHF officials were not checking them during this dummy exercise. app
- Land mafia starts construction on govt land (nation.com.pk)
- SHO sacked for backing land mafia (nation.com.pk)
- Esther’s Story – Battling the Land Mafia in Hardwar (keepingintouchblog.wordpress.com)
- Esther’s Story – Battling the Land Mafia in Hardwar: Sumantra Maitra (kafila.org)
- Land mafia grabs LDA graveyard (nation.com.pk)
- LAUGHING WATERS- BANGALORE- GOVERNMENT PROPERTY – details sought by readers and buyers – beware (ecopackindia.wordpress.com)
- Land retrieved from grabbers (nation.com.pk)
- 14000 acre state land illegally grabbed in Karachi: Malik (nation.com.pk)
- How to Convert Revenue Sites Into a Katha Sites-revenue Site Is an Illegal Creation. (ecopackindia.wordpress.com)
- Encroachments on the rise again (nation.com.pk)