KARACHI: Sindh Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah on Monday said that after restoration of the Commissionerate System in Sindh, the funds in development heads were withheld till the matters pertaining to the limits of funds are fixed.
He said the previous system was not delivering, as such the present system has been evolved.
He was speaking at a high-level meeting at the Chief Minister’s House, regarding implementation of District Based Development Portfolio 2011-12, said a statement.
Shah said an immediate action is essential to be taken for provision of funds for development schemes. He stressed upon officers to devote their energies and to complete maximum development works.
Shah further said that funds allocated in Annual Development Programme (ADP) for districts be released for initiating development works.
It was decided that now deputy commissioners of the districts would be project directors/administrators and will supervise and complete the development schemes as per new policy and needs.
The meeting decided that the divisional commissioners would monitor the development works in the respective districts. It was also decided that the commissioners would be head of the divisional development boards and the limit of development funds for commissioners would be Rs 40 million.
The Planning and Development (P&D) Department will monitor the schemes to be completed by the commissioners in their respective divisions.
With regards to Karachi Municipal Corporation (KMC) and Karachi Development Authority (KDA) and other relevant issues, it was decided that a separate meeting would be held soon, while the Sindh chief minister will also hold separate meetings of all other departments.
Shah also directed that in case any scheme approved earlier, is to be revised, the same must be shown to him.
Sindh Chief Secretary Raja Muhammad Abbas, secretaries of general administration, services, finance, works and services, planning, local government, law, secretary to CM, commissioner Karachi and others, attended the meeting. app
- Karachi: Three terrorist killed, two policemen martyred in blast (aaj.tv)
- Qaim reshuffles Sindh Cabinet (nation.com.pk)
- Qaim reviews pace of relief, rehabilitation (nation.com.pk)
- Sindh Jail Minister sacked (nation.com.pk)
- Army not to be called in Sindh (nation.com.pk)
- Qaim serves notices on ministers (nation.com.pk)
- ‘Faiz centenary celebrations’ inaugurated (aaj.tv)
- PM meets Sindh Governor, CM on Karachi situation (nation.com.pk)
- SC to be presented report on relief measures: CM Sindh (aaj.tv)
- Sindh Home Minister gets powers to post, transfer cops (nation.com.pk)
- PPP Sindh ministers take oath (aaj.tv)