RAWALPINDI: Commissioner Zahid Saeed and Member National Assembly (MNA) Hanif Abbasi on Monday attended a meeting to review the progress of Benazir Bhutto Shaheed (BBS) Road flyover project and shifting of utility services from the project site.
Addressing the meeting, Abbasi said that the contractor firm, NLC, should sprinkle water on the roadsides of the project three times a day to save the people living in adjoining areas from dust. He also said that the site where the utility services were being shifted should be levelled, to save the commuters from any problem.
Saeed directed traffic police department to ensure the smooth traffic on Murree road and on alternative roads at every cost. The traffic police officials and wardens had been increased to control the traffic on BBS Road and on alternative roads to keep the traffic flowing, he added.
Saeed said that TMA Rawal Town officials should remove the encroachments from the alternative roads of Murree Road to ensure the smooth flow of traffic and to minimize the traffic problems on these roads.Punjab Highways SE Farhat Munir, XEN Highways Abdul Shakoor Khan, Project Director Engineer Rana Muhammad Basharat, CTO Ghulam Abbas Tarar, Rawal Town Administrator Saif Anwar Jappah, representatives of WAPDA, PTCL, Sui Gas and WASA also attended the meeting. Munir informed the meeting that Rs 22.272 million had been provided to the departments of utility services to shift their services from the project site. The meeting showed dissatisfaction on the slow pace of work by WAPDA for shifting of services and had been directed to remove 35 poles within a week.
The Sui gas officials informed the meeting that all services from the project site and on alternative roads would be removed by November 30, while PTCL officials informed the meeting that 20 poles would removed within two days and the existing poles would be removed thereafter immediately. app
- Pensioners take to street, block BB Road (nation.com.pk)
- CM to lay foundation stone of flyover at Rawal Chowk (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Traffic problem aggravated following closure of sole flyover in Quetta (pakistannationalnews.com)
- Rawalpindi TMA pensioners protest over delay in payment (nation.com.pk)
- Modern traffic signal system installed at 21 intersections (nation.com.pk)
- Wapda completes NJHP dam diversion tunnel (nation.com.pk)
- Wapda inks agreemnt for Rs 59.5b Kurram Tungi Dam (nation.com.pk)
- Water, hydropower projects underway (nation.com.pk)
- Haste makes waste: Flyover cracks (nation.com.pk)
- BB murder, Mumbai attack cases shifted to ATC-I (nation.com.pk)
- Wapda gears up work on hydropower projects (nation.com.pk)
- Wapda agrees to increase compensation for landowners (nation.com.pk)