LAHORE, Nov 20: Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif says all-out resources are being utilised for the welfare of masses and the development of the province ensuring transparency and their timely completion, according to a handout.
The chief minister reviewed under-construction Canal Road, Jallo Road, horticulture work in Jallo Park, fencing wall on Ring Road and the development work on Multan Road.He said the projects launched by his government were of a great importance for the promotion of economic activities and the development of the country. He said that a network of flyovers, bridges and roads was being laid in the province. He said that the policy of third-party audit was being implemented strictly for the completion of all development projects so that the proper utilization of every penny of public money could be ensured.
He also inspected the under-construction dual road from Canal to Jallo Park at Jallo. He asked the workers to accelerate the pace of work on the road for the convenience of the people visiting Jallo Park. During the inspection of horticulture work in Jallo Park, he said maximum trees should be planted to eliminate environmental pollution.
He said that with the widening of Canal Road, best traveling facilities would be available to the people.
Mr Sharif also inspected the fencing wall on Lahore Ring Road. He said that besides best facilities to the masses, economic activities would also be promoted with the completion of this project.
At some part of day, he also met party workers and shared the details of the corruption done in the past.
He said that resources had ruthlessly been looted in the name of development projects in the past and not a single project was completed on time in the previous regime (of Pervaiz Elahi).
He said corruption was rampant in the era of the present rulers (in Islamabad). He said that they had also no courage to face the people. He said that the country was passing through critical situation and that every patriotic Pakistani would have to discharge his duty for the security and existence of the country.
- Poverty can be alleviated thru livestock sector: Shahbaz (nation.com.pk)
- Shahbaz orders to open PTI office (nation.com.pk)
- Progress of projects reviewed (nation.com.pk)
- Mullen memo sleight of PPP, says CM (nation.com.pk)
- Planning and execution: Lahore Ring Road works near airport linger on (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- PTI asks Shahbaz Sharif to resign (nation.com.pk)
- Shahbaz again calls for kicking out Federal govt (nation.com.pk)
- I declared my assets in 2007: Shahbaz (nation.com.pk)
- Transparency a hallmark of Punjab govt, claims CM (nation.com.pk)
- Rulers on looting spree: Shahbaz (nation.com.pk)
- Shahbaz again calls for ousting Zardari (nation.com.pk)