Punjab Chief Minister Mian Shahbaz Sharif is scheduled to visit Rawalpindi on December 10 to assess the scope of work on mega development projects in Rawalpindi and lay foundation-stone of the Urology Centre to be built at a site near Nawaz Sharif Park at Shamsabad.
MNA Hanif Abbasi stated this while talking to this scribe on Friday.
The MNA said that the Urology Centre, would be built at an estimated cost of Rs340 million. It would have a Dialysis Section as well besides possessing all modern treatment facilities for patients. It would be second centre of its kind in Pakistan. A Urology Centre is already functioning in Karachi, he said.Besides launching work on the Urology Centre, the Punjab chief minister would visit Kurri Road to inspect work being carried out over there. Elaborating, the PML-N leader said that the entire Kurri Road is being expanded and widened on both sides from Transformer Chowk to Islamabad Expressway at a cost of Rs100 million. Kurri Road would be widened by 10 feet on both sides.
Another component of the project, includes laying of 36 inches diameter sewerage pipeline from Transformer Chowk, Sadiqabad, which would pass through congested streets where sewerage problem occurs during monsoon. He said that on complaints of the residents of Sadiqabad, he visited the low-lying localities where sewerage water accumulates and barge into houses during rains. He found the grievances correct and for resolution of this problem new sewerage pipelines are being laid down at different points and streets of Sadiqabad, he stated.
The chief minister would also visit Fawara Chowk, Raja Bazaar, constituency of MNA Shakil Awan, to inspect work on carpeting and widening of road up to Liaquat Bagh.
The RDA high-ups, including Engineer Asghar Warraich, confirmed that work on carpeting and widening of road at Fawara Chowk is under progress at a total cost of Rs50 million, which would be completed in a couple of months.
- Khosa directs for CDGR-police coordination (nation.com.pk)
- Students go berserk in Rawalpindi (nation.com.pk)
- Punjab Police put on high alert for Muharram (nation.com.pk)
- Transparency a hallmark of Punjab govt, claims CM (nation.com.pk)
- LHC moved for quashing NAB cases against Sharifs (nation.com.pk)
- LHC dismisses plea on Shahbaz disqualification (nation.com.pk)
- LHC moved against Shahbaz for defaming judges, generals (nation.com.pk)
- NLC awarded two projects without bidding (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- LHC moved against Shahbaz on court contempt charge (nation.com.pk)
- Seven suspects arrested (nation.com.pk)
- South Korea to help Punjab govt (nation.com.pk)
- Poverty can be alleviated thru livestock sector: Shahbaz (nation.com.pk)
- Kurri Road housing project to be a landmark: Faisal (nation.com.pk)
- Progress of projects reviewed (nation.com.pk)
- CM briefs Nawaz about sports activities in Punjab (nation.com.pk)
- Open courts across Punjab ordered (nation.com.pk)
- Mullen memo sleight of PPP, says CM (nation.com.pk)
- Shahbaz orders to open PTI office (nation.com.pk)
- Khosa for ensuring peace in Muharram (nation.com.pk)