RAWALPINDI – Police claimed to have nabbed two brothers on Thursday for their alleged involvement in various crimes and swindling million of rupees from poor people in the pretext of Galaxy Housing Project, a private housing society on Fateh Jang Road.
The two brothers, who are identified as Sheikh Raheel and Sheikh Sajeel, are also proclaimed offenders (PO), said a police official, adding that some 15 cases of different kinds have also been registered against the duo in many police stations. However, a court declared both brothers as absconders, he added.
SP Rawal Town Malik Matloob Ahmed Awan, on the orders of City Police Officer (CPO) Azhar Hameed Khokher, formed a police team to arrest the two brothers against whom a large numbers of complaints of swindling money have been lodged by the citizens. In the light of directions issued by SP Rawal, a special team led by Sub Inspector (SI) Chaudhary Arshad was deputed to arrest the swindlers. After hectic efforts, this team was succeeded to track down the accused and arrest them.
According to police, the arrested culprits had deprived more than 4000 people of their money in the pretext of Galaxy City Housing Project on Fateh Jang Road. They were also involved in preparing bogus documents, cheque dishonour and many other crimes and First Information Reports (FIRs) were registered against them with City, Cantt, Civil Lines, I-9 Islamabad police stations and FIA Passport Cell.
- Two held over fake housing project (nation.com.pk)
- Inquiry ordered into ex-army majors thrashing incident (nation.com.pk)
- Inquiry ordered into ex-army majors thrashing (nation.com.pk)
- Seven indicted in Benazir murder case (nation.com.pk)
- Absence of accused angers court (nation.com.pk)
- ‘Now Pakistan and America have some problems. So they’re taking it out on me’ (guardian.co.uk)
- CM to lay foundation stone of flyover at Rawal Chowk (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Drug pusher held in Zhob (pakistannationalnews.com)
- SL police to tackle fake grease devils (nation.com.pk)
- Police reluctant to arrest guilty ASI (nation.com.pk)
- Four shot dead at Rawalpindi district court (aaj.tv)
- US assures full support to democratic system in Pakistan: Munter (aaj.tv)
- Court indicts seven over Bhutto killing (aaj.tv)
- Rawalpindi university student shoots vice principal dead (nation.com.pk)
- Safari Villas III Rawalpindi, Rawalpindi – By Bahria Town (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Overseas Enclave Rawalpindi, Rawalpindi – By Bahria Town (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- You: Five dacoits held; Rs 1 million recovered (nation.com.pk)
- Court indicts top cops, five others (nation.com.pk)
- National Logistic Cell Rawalpindi Jobs 2011 (papersblog.com)
- National Logistic Cell Rawalpindi Careers 2011 (papersblog.com)
- Man held for assault on minor girl (nation.com.pk)
- Modern traffic signal system installed at 21 intersections (nation.com.pk)
- FIA urges ATC to hold hearing on daily basis (nation.com.pk)
- KRL beat HBL (nation.com.pk)
- PAF play draw against KRL (nation.com.pk)
- Pindi to have modern public park soon (nation.com.pk)
- Police accused of weakening probe into rape case (nation.com.pk)
- Khosa directs for CDGR-police coordination (nation.com.pk)
- Bahria Homes Rawalpindi, Rawalpindi – By Bahria Town (propertiesinpakistan.pk)