Construction engineer Mohammad Aftab and contractor Mohammad Mobeen confirmed that 95% of work has been completed and the remaining 5% would be done in a week. “We have handed over the project to the RDA for launching,” they said.
The RDA has invited tenders for giving contracts of parking to private firms. In the first phase of the RDA project, besides a basement and ground floor, work on first floor has been completed costing Rs180 million. Work on three more storeys would be initiated as soon as RDA generates funds from the first phase of the scheme.
The bidding process of awarding contract has also been completed and the winners of the bid have been directed to start the project from December 1.
The main objective behind the project is to overcome traffic suspension on the busy Liaquat Road from Liaquat Bagh to Raja Bazaar and from Jinnah Road to Paudi Bridge. Now as the project has been completed, the site has enough space for parking of 250 to 300 vehicles of all types. Now no one would be allowed to park his vehicle at roadsides at Raja Bazaar, Jinnah Road and Bara Market, confirmed the RDA spokesman.
He said that work has been completed, adding that the RDA director general and chief engineer had been closely supervising work on the project.
Regarding allegations by certain elements that that the RDA has encroached five feet of land for implementing the project, RDA Director General Chaudhry Naseer said that people are never happy with anything new. Instead of appreciating the concerned development department for enforcing the project in time, objections are being raised. The RDA, being a government department, never violates rules and regulations while implementing work on any project, he added.
Besides allowing private vehicles, the RDA would shift all public transport stands, including the ones for Suzuki pick-ups, to the RDA Parking Plaza. It is really a significant achievement of the RDA, the director general said.
- First parking plaza to go operational in November (nation.com.pk)
- You: RDA to construct 12-storey residential flats (nation.com.pk)
- Hapless commuters blame RDA (nation.com.pk)
- Modern traffic signal system installed at 21 intersections (nation.com.pk)
- More PHAs, parking plazas ordered (nation.com.pk)
- War with RDA! (cpgtofcp.wordpress.com)
- Regional development to ‘benefit business insurance holders’ (premierlinedirect.co.uk)
- Fresno RDA bends, but it won’t break (fresnobeehive.com)
- Vendor Interview – OCLC (librerossalalm.wordpress.com)
- NLC awarded two projects without bidding (propertiesinpakistan.pk)