RAWALPINDI, Nov 12: Giving deadline of 10 days, different public welfare departments have been directed to shift their utility services so that the construction work at Chandni Chowk flyover may be kicked off.
Commissioner Zahid Saeed gave these directions while presiding over a meeting at the site office the other day to review the arrangements for the construction work of the flyover.The meeting was attended by National Highways Superintending Engineer Farhat Munir, City Traffic Officer (CTO) Ghulam Abbas Tarar, National Logistic Cell (NLC) Brigadier Shahid Manzoor, Project Director Rana Basharat, Rawal Town Administrator Saif Anwar Jappa, Wasa Director Akram Soban and representatives of Iesco, SNGPL, PHA, NTC and others.
The commissioner said that the provincial government had released Rs19.5 million for the shifting of utility services. He said that the demand notes had been dispatched to Iesco, PTCL, PHA and NTC in this regard as SNGPL and Wasa would be paid shifting charges of utility service on Monday.
He also directed Rawal Town Municipal Administration (RTMA) to remove all the encroachments along Benazir Bhutto Road to ensure smooth flow of traffic during the construction of the flyover.He directed the city traffic police officer to deploy extra traffic wardens at the main artery to control the traffic. He said the Wasa should sprinkle water thrice a day to avoid dust during the construction work.
On the occasion, the traffic police officer demanded 100 road barriers, 300 cones, 25 reflector rods, reflector jackets and 500 surgical masks. He said that these things were required for the traffic wardens especially during the night to smoothen the traffic flow. He said the traffic police had devised a diversion plan to regulate the traffic during the construction of flyover.
- CM to lay foundation stone of flyover at Rawal Chowk (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Traffic problem aggravated following closure of sole flyover in Quetta (pakistannationalnews.com)
- Haste makes waste: Flyover cracks (nation.com.pk)
- Lahore: CM opens Kalma Chowk flyover (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Depts blame each other for delay in road construction (nation.com.pk)
- 10 DSPs involved in corrupt practices (nation.com.pk)
- Decree on flyover funds puts CDGL in trouble (nation.com.pk)
- Flyover on Walton Road praised (nation.com.pk)
- Right of way: Road under flyover to be reserved for Model Town (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Shortage of funds halts flyover projects (nation.com.pk)