Capital Development Authority (CDA) Chairman Imtiaz Inayat Elahi on Thursday appreciated the sanitation staff for putting efforts to keep the city clean and removing more than 60,000 offal of the sacrificial animals in the federal capital.
These efforts deserve appreciation and the sanitary work force deputed on the cleansing of the city would be given one month addition salary as a reward to their hard work on this special occasion, he announced that while presiding over a post review meeting on Eidul Azha cleanliness plan here Thursday.The CDA chairman said that the sanitary staff who performed their duties on Eidul Azha for collection and disposal of offal were provided with special gloves and uniforms.
He said such protection and hygiene measures would be given a permanent feature to all the workers of CDA deputed on specialised duty particularly those of Sanitation and Environment.
“Islamabad has served as a model clean city for other municipalities of the country as no offal of sacrificial animals were seen rotting in any area of the federal capital,” he said.
Director Sanitation (r) Faiz Muhammad apprised the meeting that the sanitation staff worked round the clock in three shifts during Eid days and leaves of all the staff were cancelled for this occasion.
Each street of every sector was cleared by the sanitation staff immediately after the animals were scarified. The city was divided into five zones to carry out the cleanliness drive in efficient and systematic manner.
The chairman appreciated the efforts of the staff and cooperation of the citizens for keeping the city clean during this holy occasion.
The meeting was attended by the Member Administration CDA, Director General (Civic Management) Rawal Khan Maitla, Director Sanitation Captain (r) Faiz Muhammad and other senior officers of the authority.
- FIA seeks record of 5 farms from CDA (nation.com.pk)
- CDA carries out fumigation in vegetable market (nation.com.pk)
- CDA ordered to review rates within month (nation.com.pk)
- CDA issues 3,000 notices to residents (nation.com.pk)
- CDA suspends director of Aiwan-i-Sadr (nation.com.pk)
- CDA launches drive to ake capital litter-free (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- CDA to launch new residential sector in CDA zone 4 Islamabad (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- CDA suspends two officers (nation.com.pk)
- Staff shortage troubles people visiting CDA offices (nation.com.pk)
- CDA board approves four agro-farms cases (nation.com.pk)