He was presiding over a meeting which reviewed the pace of progress on the projects of rehabilitation of Multan Road, widening of Canal Road and Canal flyover.Communication and works Secretary Maj (retired) Azam Salman informed the chief minister about the projects’ pace of progress, a handout said.
Addressing the meeting, the chief minister said the culture of working on the projects during night time had been promoted so that people should not face any inconvenience.
Expressing his indignation over the delay in construction of Multan Road, the chief minister asked the officers concerned that why the project could not be completed speedily like Kalma Flyover.
He directed them that all under-construction sections of Multan Road be completed by November 30, seeking submission of a plan in this regard within a week.
He also ordered round-the-clock work on the projects in three shifts, besides a comprehensive plan for smooth flow of traffic during their execution.
He said there should be bus-stops and well-designed pedestrian bridges on Canal Road.
The meeting was told that the work on Canal Road widening project was being carried out in accordance with the Supreme
Court decision that four new plants should be planted for every tree cut for the execution of the project.
The meeting was also told that 500 trees had been cut during the project and 8,000 new plants had been planted to replace them.
Members of national and provincial assemblies and officers concerned were present
- CM sets Sept 15 deadline for Multan Road project (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Vendors facing multiple problems (nation.com.pk)
- Lahore: CM opens Kalma Chowk flyover (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Animals sale points affect traffic flow (nation.com.pk)
- CM issues road deadline (nation.com.pk)
- You: Nine suspects, 3 drugs traffickers nabbed in Lahore (nation.com.pk)
- US extending all-out support to journalists (nation.com.pk)
- 7 Marla 2 Bed Ideally Located House For Sale In Mohlanwal Facing Canal And Multan Road, Lahore (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Transparency a hallmark of Punjab govt, claims CM (nation.com.pk)
- Roads closed for weekend Canal work (cbc.ca)