ISLAMABAD – Around commercial plots were allotted during the last three years through open auction while 1,408 persons got residential plots in different sectors of the city as per IslamabadLand Disposal
Regulation 2005, the Senate was told on Thursday. Giving details of the allotments, the minister in-charge of the cabinet division told the upper house that besides the Blue Area, commercial plots were allotted in Markaz D-12, F-11, F-10, G-7, G-8 and G-10. He also said some economy flats were also included in the list.
Answering another question, he further said around 12,648 people were presently working in the Capital Development Authority (CDA), adding that the total strength on October 12, 1999 was 10,641, which increased to 11,274 in March 2008. In a written reply to a question raised by Senator Talha Mehmood, the minister said an amount of Rs 145.973 million in 2010-11 was spent on purchasing equipment for PIMS, against over Rs 160.25 million in 2009-10.
Answering another question, the minister said no spurious medicines were found in PIMS but certain medicines were declared CDL as sub-standard and action was taken against those companies. He also said around nine medicines were declared sub-standard. The house was further informed that around 30 employees of the PIMS were on ex-Pakistan leave, while 35 doctors were working on deputation in the said hospital and four lady doctors were still working there despite expiry of their deputation period.
The minister said medicines worth Rs 74.65 million were provided to the patients in 2008-09, while the figure was Rs 87.48 million for the year 2009-10 and Rs 203.30 million for 2010-11. The minister in-charge said around 24 teachers were working on daily wages in the Islamabad Model College for Girls in F-10/2.
- FIA seeks record of 5 farms from CDA (nation.com.pk)
- Capital Business Avenue by Al Ghurair Giga (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- FIA submits report to court; judicial remand of MNA extended (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Pims staffers to move court against service structure (nation.com.pk)
- DHA plots not yet allotted (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Flood rehabilitation: Govt scheme only allots land to Muslims (pakistannationalnews.com)
- Islamabad: Suo moto notice on lease of 72 acres land (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Six injured in Islamabad hotel blast (nation.com.pk)
- CDA suspends two officers (nation.com.pk)
- Bhasha Dam to will brings success in country (epakistannews.com)