Quetta—Balochistan government is committed to ensure clean drinking water to the citizens across the province and an amount of Rs. four billion have been allocated for 53 new and 46 ongoing water schemes in the current PSDP. Balochistan Minister for Public Health Engineering Maulana Abdul Bari told APP on telephone here the provincial government in collaboration with the federal government is also installing water filtration plants in every union council of the province.“A total of 407 water purification plants have already been installed while 409 such plants are being installed”, he said Referring to potable water supply to Gwadar, he said Akra Core dam caters for water needs of Gwadar town. However, the dam’s capacity has reduced during the period due to accumulation of slit. He said the provincial government has allocated additional funds for the purpose in its current annual budget. Besides, he said water supply schemes are planned Kachi, Hub, Pishin, Kech, Dera Murad Jamali and Loralai districts.
The federal government has assured Rs. 360 million each for Surab and Nushki gas supply projects under the People’s Works Programme. Sources in Balochistan Finance department informed APP that that the federal government would also sponsor the construction of five dams proposed recently at a cost of Rs. 25 billion. They said the federal government has also promised to ensure strict observance of 6 percent Balochistan quota in the federal services under which about 3800.
- Gwadar winter capital of Balochistan (nation.com.pk)
- You: Five killed in Chinese convoy attack in Balochistan (nation.com.pk)
- Umrani stands by allegations against Raisani (nation.com.pk)
- Five killed in Balochistan (nation.com.pk)
- You: Balochistan: Story of continued neglect (nation.com.pk)
- Fast work likely on Balochistan communication projects (nation.com.pk)
- US envoy’s visit: Mullah Omar, Zawahiri not in Balochistan, says Raisani (pakistannationalnews.com)
- 4 more shot dead in Balochistan (nation.com.pk)
- Gwadar Commissions tenure extended (nation.com.pk)
- Govt seeks more time from BHC (nation.com.pk)