BAHAWALPUR, Oct 25: The owners of more than 30 illegal housing schemes are fleecing people in the city without any fear of action from the quarters concerned.
It’s learnt that the owners and developers of these housing schemes made hundreds of people and property dealers bankrupt, but government officials did not take any action against them. The mushroom growth of illegal housing schemes started here in 2005 without the approval of the city tehsil municipal administration. These developers cheated people and caused a loss of millions of rupees to the provincial exchequer. They used newspaper hawkers to send their handbills and pamphlets to every house of the city.The TMA has listed 34 housing schemes, which can be proceeded against after completion of the ongoing scrutiny. These schemes are Canal Garden, Paradise City, Royal City, Garden Town, Darbar Mahal Town, Faisal Bagh Housing Scheme, Allama Iqbal Town, Cheema Town Phase-I, Cheema Town Phase-II, Shadman Housing Scheme, Bahawal Town, Khalid Garden, Asif Town, New Shadab Colony, Green Town, Canal City, Al-Khair Housing Scheme, Umar Housing Scheme, Madni Town, Atif Aziz Town, Al-Haram Garden, Tariq Aziz Town, Al-Jannat Housing Scheme, Sabzazar Housing Scheme, New Satellite Town, Gulshan-e-Iqbal Housing Scheme, Madina Town, Khakwani Colony, Usman Bin Affan Town, Abbasi Town, Gulistan Town, Zakariya Town, Abdullah City, Doctors Town and Diamond City.
City TMA Administrator Malik Ramzan said initially people had been warned against buying plots in these schemes. He said the entire record of these schemes was being scrutinised to check anomalies.
- Heat is On! Sale on Outfitters Brand. (aqiba786.wordpress.com)
- You: No effort for basic facilities in Nishtar Town (nation.com.pk)
- Aashiyana Housing Scheme – one thousand houses finished (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Plans for Pakistan”s largest slaughterhouse (propertypk.wordpress.com)
- You: Borjan opens new outlet (nation.com.pk)
- TMA fails to control price hike (nation.com.pk)
- lahore: LDA approves deficit budget (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Spray call for private housing schemes (nation.com.pk)
- Authorities fail to evict illegal occupants from govt flats (nation.com.pk)
- MS permits labs to fleece patients (nation.com.pk)