CHITRAL, Oct 26: The local leaders of Pakistan People’s Party have welcomed approval of Rs18 billion for Lowari tunnel and said that the project’s completion will usher in a new era of development and employment.
Addressing a news conference here, general secretary PPP, Chitral Mohammad Hakim Khan, vice-president Shamsur Rehman and coordination secretary Iqbal Hayat said the locals were thankful to President Asif Zardari, Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani, governor Khyber PakhtunkhwaMasood Kausar and communication minister Arbab Alamgir for their contributions to the release of the delayed Lowari tunnel funds.
They said the tunnel, which was to connect the country with Central Asian Republics, would bring prosperity and jobs to Chitral to the benefit of the locals, especially youth.
The PPP leaders accused the local MNA of falsely claiming the credit for the Rs18 billion funds’ approval and said the prime minister ordered the release of money on his own.
- PM pledges Rs 1.5b for Lowari Tunnel (nation.com.pk)
- Soyem of Begum Nusrat Bhutto held (aaj.tv)
- Opposition has no agenda to serve masses: Gilani (epakistannews.com)
- PPP ready for tit-for-tat reply (nation.com.pk)
- Pakistan mourns former first lady Bhutto (aaj.tv)
- PIA cancels Peshawar-Chitral flight due to bad weather (nation.com.pk)
- Nusrat Bhutto laid to rest (aaj.tv)
- PPP to bring aggressive leadership in Punjab (nation.com.pk)
- Begum Nusrat Bhutto – We salute you By Farahnaz Ispahani (farahnazispahani.wordpress.com)
- Begum Nusrat Bhutto laid to rest (nation.com.pk)
- Firdous pays tribute to Nusrat Bhutto (nation.com.pk)
- Nusrat Bhutto is mother of democracy, says Kaira (nation.com.pk)
- Nusrat Bhuttos death widely condoled (nation.com.pk)
- Quran Khawani held for Begum Nusrat Bhutto (aaj.tv)
- Old PPP guards remember Nusrat Bhutto (nation.com.pk)
- Injustice done to Bhutto family heirs, says Mumtaz (nation.com.pk)
- You: Nusrat Bhutto is no more (nation.com.pk)