He informed that building work of the parking plaza was near completion as its renovation work was underway which would be completed soon. He also said that the project was being completed at a cost of nearly Rs20 million that would certainly mitigate the problems of the motorists who visit the busiest bazaar of the town.DG giving the credit of the project to Chief Minister (CM) Punjab Mian Shahbaz Sharif said that the CM took keen interest for the construction of the parking plaza in Rawalpindi that was a long-standing demand of the public.
The parking plaza, constructed on 4.5 kanals of land, would have total five stories and a basement. It is located in the heart of the city at the crossing of Liaquat and Jinnah roads near Fowara Chowk. He said that basement and two floors had been completed under first phase of the project while under next phase three floors would also be constructed.
He further said that basement of the plaza would be used as public service vehicles stand while upper floors would be used for parking purposes, adding that according to estimates, RDA would generate an income of over Rs 10 million annually from that project. The DG further informed that the plaza would have parking capacity of 240 vehicles.
- First parking plaza to go operational in November (nation.com.pk)
- Hapless commuters blame RDA (nation.com.pk)
- You: Shahbaz suspends Deputy MS Services Hospital over negligence (nation.com.pk)
- Modern traffic signal system installed at 21 intersections (nation.com.pk)
- NLC awarded two projects without bidding (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Position holder students reach Murree for trip (nation.com.pk)
- Compensation to dengue victims’ heirs from today: Shahbaz (nation.com.pk)
- Students go berserk in Rawalpindi (nation.com.pk)
- RCB to build plazas at cinemas sites (nation.com.pk)
- Man held for assault on minor girl (nation.com.pk)
- LHC dismisses plea on Shahbaz disqualification (nation.com.pk)
- Shahbaz announces compensation for dengue victims (nation.com.pk)
- Govt to initiate training programmes for doctors, nurses for combating dengue: Shahbaz (nation.com.pk)
- Shahbaz takes notice of Chiniot police torture on women (nation.com.pk)