ISLAMABAD: The Government of Japan has decided to extend financial support of Rs 8.8 million to Kohsar Welfare Society (KWS) for the construction of seven kilometer concrete link road in village Lower Chalawara, Kotli Sattian, Rawalpindi District. Japanese Ambassador Hiroshi OE and President of KWS Dr Muhammad Kabir signed an agreement in this regard, said a press release issued here on Monday.
The inhabitants of village Lower Chalawara are facing severe problems due to unpave and uneven passage. The situation further aggravates in the rainy season and the route becomes impassable for vehicles. Upon completion of the project, vehicles will be able to commute smoothly. The project will help in facilitating services to 4 00 households (around 4,500 individuals) of the target village and the adjacent areas. Speaking at the signing ceremony, Ambassador OE stressed that improvement of infrastructure and rural development is one of the priorities in Japanese assistance policy towards Pakistan.
- Lahorites and dengue impress Japan envoy (nation.com.pk)
- Textile City very attractive idea: Japanese envoy (nation.com.pk)
- Youm-e-Pakistan ceremony at Aiwan (nation.com.pk)
- UN-HABITAT to ensure 33,000 shelters for flood-hit victims (aaj.tv)
- Inter-club hockey (nation.com.pk)
- The food and colours of Japan, and defence (pakistannewsupdate.wordpress.com)
- You: President Zardari for enhanced Pakistan-Japan trade ties (nation.com.pk)
- Olympus denies wrongdoing as groups urge reforms (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Olympus denies wrongdoing as groups urge reforms (seattlepi.com)
- US ambassador gives Rs 8.6 million to SoS village (nation.com.pk)