ISLAMABAD: The Sanitation Directorate of Capital Development Authority (CDA) has issued notices to 988 and challans to another 132 people for violating the municipal bylaws, during the month of September.
The Directorate has formally started imposing fine from Rs 50 to Rs 300 on the spot for throwing littering and garbage, Director Sanitation Captain (r) Faiz Muhammad said. He also said that the task force deputed in Sector F-6, F-7 and F-10 imposed fine during the third phase of ongoing anti-litter drive in the Federal Capital.
Vast publicity campaign through banners, pamphlets and messages was carried out during the first and second phase of anti-litter drive commencing in April, the Director said. All the markets have been provided with colourful dustbins and solid-waste from the sectoral areas and avenues of the city have been shifted to the final disposal site. He further said CDA has formally started the process of imposing fine on littering to help boost the efforts to keep the city clean.
The purpose of imposing fine is to discourage the throwing of garbage in ill-planned manners and raise awareness among the people in this regard as no municipality of the world can succeed to keep the city clean without cooperation of the residents. The residents of the capital should join hands with civic body to make it beautiful city by ensuring cleanliness, he said.
CDA Chairman Imtiaz Inayat Elahi has said that the aim of imposing fine against the violators of anti-littering law was to attract the attention of the people towards the importance of hygiene and cleanliness, as it is the social responsibility to protect environment. app
- CDA launches drive to ake capital litter-free (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- CDA issues 3,000 notices to residents (nation.com.pk)
- CDA ordered to review rates within month (nation.com.pk)
- CDA ordered to maintain status quo (nation.com.pk)
- Islamabad: Suo moto notice on lease of 72 acres land (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- US embassy controlled warehouse sealed (nation.com.pk)
- CDA carries out fumigation in vegetable market (nation.com.pk)
- Ahmed Faraz Road inaugurated (nation.com.pk)
- MPCHS serves notice on CDA (nation.com.pk)
- CDA to launch new residential sector in CDA zone 4 Islamabad (propertiesinpakistan.pk)