TAXILA, Oct 6: Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani said the road network in the country would be strengthened from Gwadar to Khyber to enhance trade with the neighbouring countries, including the Central Asian states.
He was speaking at the inauguration of an underpass on the G.T. Road at Taxila chowk on Thursday. The four-lane underpass has been completed at a cost of Rs900 million in three years.
He said the Indian government had agreed to facilitate Pakistan in having access to EU markets. Pakistan is eager to enhance trade with the Central Asian states, China, Bahrain, Oman, Iran and Saudi Arabia. He said a special ministry had been created to prepare the youth for the global job market which would not only address the issue of unemployment but would also put long-lasting effects on the economy.
The prime minister said the government while following the manifesto of Benazair Bhutto had achieved its 80 per cent goals. He said the government also strengthened democratic institutions.
He regretted the trend of blaming politicians for all the ills and corruption, adding none of the dictators like Gen Zia, Gen Yahya Khan or Gen Musharraf was blamed for corruption. He said the government had handed over the most important position of the chairman Public Accounts Committee to the opposition to judge the performance of the government. “What else the government could have done to please its opponents,” he said.
On this occasion, he announced supply of Sui gas to Chakri, establishment of Z.A. Bhutto hospital along GT Road in Taxila, regularisation of contractual employees in public sector industries and reinstatement of all public sector employees dismissed from service in 1996 by the Nawaz government.
- PM Gilani junk opposition’s outburst against Zardari (epakistannews.com)
- Govt did not try to exploit Punjab situation, says Gilani (nation.com.pk)
- University of Engineering and Technology Taxila Admissions 2011 (papersblog.com)
- Jobs in Heavy Industries Taxila Education City (infoandskillz.wordpress.com)
- PM pledges Rs 1.5b for Lowari Tunnel (nation.com.pk)
- Induced Nostalgia (3quarksdaily.com)
- Modern traffic signal system installed at 21 intersections (nation.com.pk)
- Prime Minister rejects opposition’s tirade against President (aaj.tv)
- CM to lay foundation stone of flyover at Rawal Chowk (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Road caravan reaches City (nation.com.pk)