MANSEHRA, Sept 21: The district and sessions judge here has ordered the anti-corruption establishment to arrest six people, including three officials of the revenue department, for illegal transfer of over 10 kanals in Shinkiary.
The judge ordered the arrest of Girdawar Mubarik Khan, Patwari Zaheer Ahmad and steno Mohammad Javed, all officials of the revenue department, buyers of the land Gul Afzal Khan and Mohammad Tariq and a witness to the deal Laiq Mohammad Khan. The investigation of the case was launched three months ago on the orders of Peshawar High Court Chief Justice of Ejaz Afzal Khan when the land owner approached it.The revenue officials had illegally transferred the 10 kanals and 10 marlas of Fida Hussain in the name of Gul Afzal and Tariq on fake documents.
Mr Hussain told reporters that when he knew about the transfer of his land he approached the anti-corruption police in Mansehra for the registration of FIR against the revenue department officials and the buyers.
He said that though the ACE lodged the FIR, its director Nisar Tanoli and DSP Javed Iqbal scrapped it on May 30, 2011, without taking any action against the accused. He said that afterwards he moved the Peshawar High Court for the purpose.
A farmers` organisation has demanded of the government to reverse a land deal between a local landlord and the Frontier Works Organisation (FWO) in Batta Kundi area, which is famous for the potato and pea crops in Kaghan valley.
“We are equal partners in the land of which 100 kanals were recently transferred quietly to the FWO by former senator Syed Muzammil Shah with the help of Balakot tehsildar,” said Qadir Zaman, president of Haqooq Kashtkaran in Balakot, while talking to reporters on Wednesday.
Mr Zaman, who was flanked by over 30 farmers, claimed that provincial minister Ahmad Hussain Shah, son of Muzammil Shah, finalised the secret land deal.
The farmers said that the land was still in their possession and they would never vacate it.
When contacted, Balakot tehsildar Sajid Hussain confirmed the transfer of 100 kanals by Muzammil Shah to the FWO. He said that as per the revenue department`s record Mr Shah had sold the land for Rs45 million.
- 6 addl PHC judges take oath (nation.com.pk)
- You: JC recommends addl judges for HCs (nation.com.pk)
- Four PHC take oath as permanent judges (nation.com.pk)
- Hunger strike against corruption held (nation.com.pk)
- Tarbela affectees appeal (nation.com.pk)
- Oath-taking: PHC swears in six ad hoc additional judges (pakistannationalnews.com)
- President confirms additional judges of Lahore and Peshawar High Courts (aaj.tv)
- You: NDA blames govt for selling CPM lands on cheap prices (nation.com.pk)
- FWO Careers in Pakistan (papersblog.com)
- FIA submits report to court; judicial remand of MNA extended (propertiesinpakistan.pk)