PESHAWAR, Sept 6: The dissident leader of ANP Khwaja Mohammad Khan Hoti has claimed that the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government plans to sell costly land of Charsadda Paper Mills at throwaway price to get heavy commissions.
He said the land, measuring 250 acres, had basically been acquired for industrial purposes and its current market rate was Rs9 billion while the government had planned to sell it at Rs1.47 billion to one of its front men belonging to Mardan to earn at least Rs8 billion as commission.
He said the government wanted to convert the land into a housing scheme which was total violation of the agreement signed with the landowners.
He said if the government wished to sell it for residential purposes it should return it to its former owners as per the agreement.
Besides, he revealed that the land could not be sold out unless a loan of Rs117 million was returned to the Askari Commercial Bank.
The MNA said it was a big corruption scam and that it was duty of the Chief Justice of Pakistan to take notice of the matter. He claimed the government would issue notification for sale of the land shortly.
Mr Khwaja, who is also convener of the National Democratic Alliance (NDA), alleged that the provincial government had broken all records of corruption and was focused only on accumulation of money.
He also asked the people to hold the rulers accountable and recover the plundered national wealth.
- You: NDA blames govt for selling CPM lands on cheap prices (nation.com.pk)
- FIA submits report to court; judicial remand of MNA extended (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- MNAs snub govt over poor law, order (nation.com.pk)
- Govt will implement all SC verdicts, says Chandio (nation.com.pk)
- Only Sindh govt can call Army in Karachi: Gilani (nation.com.pk)
- Govt has failed in Karachi: CJ (nation.com.pk)
- Govt for special courts to try target killers (nation.com.pk)
- MNAs mother passes away (nation.com.pk)
- You: Railways to retrieve 310 acres from land grabbers (nation.com.pk)
- Khosa raises dengue alarm, grills govt (nation.com.pk)
- ANP wants Balochistan division (nation.com.pk)
- Another US vehicle stopped at Peshawar (nation.com.pk)
- Nab to hear public complaints directly (nation.com.pk)
- ANP to decide on Sindh coalition on 28th (nation.com.pk)
- Parts of KP celebrates Eid-ul-Fitr today (aaj.tv)
- KP demands AJK, Fata electricity quotas (nation.com.pk)
- KP Assembly likely to discuss commissionerate systems restoration (nation.com.pk)
- Jehadis again attack Bharat while Govt bends before Bangladesh! (hindulinebengal.wordpress.com)
- You: Deployment of army in Karachi upto Sindh Govt: Gilani (nation.com.pk)
- Save country, not govt: CJ (nation.com.pk)
- Govt seeking political solution of Karachi situation: Firdous Ashiq (nation.com.pk)
- Govt taking steps to restore peace in Karachi: Sharmeela Farooqui (aaj.tv)
- No govt seems to exist in Karachi (nation.com.pk)
- Karachi killings, a conspiracy against govt: Malik (aaj.tv)