AN ongoing practice at the Defence Housing Authority Lahore has been badly affecting residents since the past five years. Defence Housing Authority Lahore transferred hundreds of files for (ex)-Park View Housing Society now supposed to be a part of DHA Phase 8 Lahore during a span of the past eight years.
However, no ballot has taken place to date. When the authorities concerned at the DHA are asked about the allocation of plots, officials says that there is no land left in phase 8 to be allocated. File prices have dropped consequently from Rs2.5 million to Rs1.6 million as a result of the mishandling and careless attitude of the DHA.
Apparently, the DHA does not care at all about these hundreds of middle-class people who have spent their hard-earned money to construct homes. There are no rules and regulations in the by-laws of the society that may state as to how long a customer should wait till he receives the allocation of the plot.
Should s/he go to the court of law to challenge such mismanagement and ill-planning that is causing misery to many innocent clients? I suggest that government officials must take notice of this practice and DHA authorities must be held responsible for their negligence regarding it.
- Relief centres for Fata IDPs set up at DHA (nation.com.pk)
- ‘Safety’ pushes property prices up in Lahore (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- DHA to take back Cogen power plant from Ashmore (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- DHA starts refund (nation.com.pk)
- DHA plot owners taken aback by The Board of Revenue drive (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- DHA Lahore Jobs 2011 (papersblog.com)
- LDA goes the DHA way (nation.com.pk)
- DHA Services Karachi Jobs (papersblog.com)
- 7 Marla 2 Bed Ideally Located House For Sale In Mohlanwal Facing Canal And Multan Road, Lahore (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- You: DHA plot balloting ceremony held (nation.com.pk)
- Defence Villas II Islamabad, Islamabad – By Bahria Town (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Goldcrest DHA Islamabad, Islamabad – By Al Ghurair Giga (propertiesinpakistan.pk)