FAISALABAD (September 4, 2011) : Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif said the gulf between the privileged and deprived class in the country had expanded to unprecedented levels. He added the country had so far been ruled by an elite consisting of army generals, judges and politicians. The nexus, he said, had deprived the majority of the country’s population of basic services such as education, healthcare and affordable housing.
He said his government treated the poor as priority in use of development funds.
Earlier, Sharif reviewed the site for an Ashiyana Housing Scheme near Makkoanna on Jaranwala Road. He said 28,000 houses would be constructed under the scheme. These houses, he said, would be allotted to deserving people by balloting.
source: Published in “Express Tribune” on September 5, 2011
- Ashiana winners get allotment (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- PTI asks Shahbaz Sharif to resign (nation.com.pk)
- Shahbazs dengue SOS to WHO (nation.com.pk)
- Raja blames CM for abduction of slain Taseers son (nation.com.pk)
- Zardari out to annihilate Pakistan: Shahbaz Sharif (nation.com.pk)
- 50 prisoners released from Adiala Jail after payment of fine by Hamza Shahbaz (aaj.tv)
- Shahbaz sees Zardari epitome of corruption (nation.com.pk)
- Rights & Wrongs, Fate of Ashiana housing hangs in the balance (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Shahbaz orders temporary hospitals in Sindh (nation.com.pk)
- Desperate father seeks CMs help (nation.com.pk)
- Morning moot every day to strike dengue (nation.com.pk)
- 2,000-house Aashiyana City at Burki (nation.com.pk)
- Shahbaz told US diplomats about plan to dethrone PPP (nation.com.pk)
- APMA protests Shahbaz Taseers non-recovery (nation.com.pk)