Pakistan which is a growing economy with around 180 million people and had huge untapped natural resources coupled with the government’s pro-investment policies and incentives such as no restriction on equity or repatriation of capital gains, was an attractive place for foreign investors, Zardari told the Chinese investors.The enhanced investment by Chinese industrial and corporate sector companies and groups in different fields and projects in Pakistan including electricity generation, oil and gas exploration, coal mining, infrastructure, communication, telecom, agriculture and dairy development would be welcomed to a win-win scenario, Pakistan’s state-run APP quoted him as saying.
Zardari, who came with a high powered delegation, met the investors on the sidelines of the first China-Eurasia Expo and discussed the prospects and opportunities of trade and investment in Pakistan.
He met over a dozen top executives of China’s industrial and corporate sector companies.
Zardari also referred to the recent announcement by China to set up a Special Economic Zone in Kashgar in Xinjiang which will also greatly increase trade and commerce through Karakoram Highway.
He also spoke of China’s assistance for Pakistan to build 4500 MW Diamer Bhasha Dam and 7000 MW Bunji Dam in Gilgit Baltistan in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir and Pakistan would welcome and encourage the Chinese companies to participate in the bidding.
Meanwhile, two Memorandums of Understanding (MoU) were signed between the All China Federation for Industry and Commerce (ACFIC) and the Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FPPCI) and China’s Foton Motors and the Government of Sindh for cooperation in trade and transport, respectively, APP reported.
- You: President for boosting Pak-China trade (nation.com.pk)
- Zardari assures China help to defeat terror (nation.com.pk)
- China-Euroasia Expo a major event (nation.com.pk)
- President for maximum utilization of Pak-China trade (aaj.tv)
- Zardari to visit China on 29th (nation.com.pk)
- FM Hina Rabbani Khar Returns to China Visit (epakistannews.com)
- You: President urges for further enhancing Pak-China bilateral trade, investment cooperation (nation.com.pk)
- President Zardari to visit China on August 30 (nation.com.pk)
- Chinese firm to run 2,000 CNG buses in Sindh (pakistannationalnews.com)
- President for utilising Pak-China trade potential (nation.com.pk)
- Zardari out to annihilate Pakistan: Shahbaz Sharif (nation.com.pk)
- Pak-US equation must to score gains: Zardari (nation.com.pk)
- PPP lawmakers call on Zardari (nation.com.pk)
- PPP determined to pursuing path of progress, prosperity: Zardari (nation.com.pk)
- Zardari invites MQM to rejoin Govt Cabinet (epakistannews.com)