Estimates of the 3-5 marla housing schemes should also be prepared, he said while presiding over a meeting at the local circuit house to review the pace of progress on PM’s uplift package for Multan.
Abdul Qadir Gilani said that the housing experts should keep in mind that the price of a housing unit should not exceed Rs800,000 to Rs 10,00,000. Commissioner Khurram Agha said that officials should initially prepare estimates for 100 homes.Abdul Qadir Gilani stressed that no civic problem should bother people on Eid days and directed Wasa and all other organs of district administration to keep water supply, sewerage system and street lights operational in the city.
He directed that the lights installed at all the newly built fly-overs should remain on to avoid risks of accidents during night time.
MPA Malik Mohammad Amir Dogar, Commissioner Khurram Agha,DCO Zahid Zaman Akhtar and officials of different departments were present.
On Amir Dogar’s complaint of delay in execution of cadet college project, PWD officials said that the project, to be built over a 919 Kanals, would witness speedy work after Eid ul Fitr.
Commissioner asked NHA officials to design a small bridge for pedestrians and bicycle riders to enable them cross the section parallel to Pul Mauj Darya fly-over within a week after Eid Ul Fitr. Abdul Qadir Gilani directed that finishing touch be given to all the schemes which have been completed. He issued orders to Mepco to make Qasimpur grid station operational by Sep 30.
About expansion of Suraj Miani road, the officials said thatit requires replacement of big diameter (72 inch) pipeline that would take almost two years. It was decided that expansion ofroad from Katchery Chowk to Suraj Miani would be carried out after Eid Ul Fitr.
MD Wasa informed that federal government has provided ample resources for sewerage overhauling in Multan and 10 schemes were under execution in the city. Two schemes would be completed next month and seven more in June 2012.
- PM arrives in Multan (nation.com.pk)
- PM appeals Karachi people to support administration to restore peace (aaj.tv)
- Prime Minister Gilani talking to Media in Lahore (epakistannews.com)
- Only Sindh govt can call Army in Karachi: Gilani (nation.com.pk)
- You: Deployment of army in Karachi upto Sindh Govt: Gilani (nation.com.pk)
- Gilani pledges across the board action for Karachi peace (nation.com.pk)
- Fortune-tellers to be disappointed: Gilani (nation.com.pk)
- Gilani inaugurates Rs 12 billion Islamabad-Murree Expressway (nation.com.pk)
- 7 Marla 2 Bed Ideally Located House For Sale In Mohlanwal Facing Canal And Multan Road, Lahore (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Multan offers no choice, either (sutlejnews.wordpress.com)
- You: Mirza running killing brigades, says MQM (nation.com.pk)
- Toll Climbs to 80 in NATO Raid on Insurgent Camp in Southeastern Afghanistan (nytimes.com)
- You: NA body threatens to resign over non-cooperation by minister (nation.com.pk)
- Speaking of Synthesis (kafila.org)
- You: Pakistan’s poor political elite? (nation.com.pk)
- PM meets Sindh Governor, CM on Karachi situation (nation.com.pk)
- You: Karachi’s solution lies in rule of law: Gilani (nation.com.pk)
- Karachi surgery given go-ahead (nation.com.pk)
- Bahawalpur province under consideration: PM (pakistannationalnews.com)