He was speaking at a ceremony held here on Tuesday to give away allotment letters to winners of a draw for Ashiana housing scheme.
He said rights would be granted to the people at their doorstep and the promise made to the people on Aug 14 would be honoured.He recalled that as prime minister he had laid foundation stone of 500,000 houses under `Mera Ghar’ scheme but the houses were given at throw-away prices by Musharraf after overthrow of the PML-N government. He regretted that there was none to hold the former army rulers accountable for wastage of public funds.
Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif claimed that the Ashiana Project was free of corruption and a proof of the transparent policy of the provincial government. He said he was ready to face any punishment if any irregularity was proved in the project.
He said in addition to Lahore, work was also in progress expeditiously on Ashiana projects in six other districts, while the scheme would be started in 18 other districts this year.
- You: We don’t want to make a Shaheed out of PPP govt, says Nawaz (nation.com.pk)
- You: Shahbaz Sharif says PPP threatening him (nation.com.pk)
- Break begging bowl to safeguard Nuclear assets: Shahbaz Sharif (nation.com.pk)
- British High Commissioner meets Sharifs at Raiwind (nation.com.pk)
- Petition challenging creation of new provinces accepted in LHC (pakistannationalnews.com)
- Pir Pagaras grandson is Sharifs disciple (nation.com.pk)
- Kalma Chowk: ‘To Lahore, happy Independence Day’ (pakistannationalnews.com)
- You: Nawaz warns govt of long march (nation.com.pk)
- Millions of people to get houses till next election: Nawaz (aaj.tv)
- Rights & Wrongs, Fate of Ashiana housing hangs in the balance (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Statement given by Shahbaz Sharif is non-serious: Babar Awan (nation.com.pk)
- Judicial commission to probe allegations of Shahbaz: Babar (aaj.tv)