LAHORE – Punjab Chief Minister Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif has said the Kalma Chowk flyover project has been completed in a record period of 135 days by working round the clock and this project is a shining example with regard to speed, quality and transparency.
“The flyover will be a model for the projects throughout the country and this culture will be promoted in the country, including Punjab. I have announced the gift of a splendid project to the citizens of the provincial metropolis on the occasion of Independence Day and, thanks God, flyover has been opened for traffic on the Day.
The Kalma Chowk Flyover is a master piece of construction and by completing it in a record period, we have proved that if work is carried out with sincerity and dedication, there will be no hurdle.
We will make the future of the country bright with same spirit and hard work,” he maintained, while addressing the ceremony held in connection with the inauguration of the Kalma Chowk flyover on Ferozepur Road on Sunday. Senior Advisor Sirdar Zulfiqar Ali Khan Khosa, Provincial Ministers, MPAs, Quarter Master General, Director General NLC, officers of NESPAK and concerned departments as well as a large number of people attended the function.
The CM said we had set a new tradition in the world of construction as besides saving in the estimated cost, and timely completion of the project, night culture had been introduced in the world of construction.
“This project is unique as for the first time in the history of the country, it has been completed in a record period by working day and night. Six months ago, the cost of this project had been estimated at Rs 2.30 billion, but despite increase in the prices of construction material during this period, an amount of Rs 300 million has been saved by completing the project at a cost of Rs 2 billion, for which officers and officials of the Communication and Works Department and the concerned contractor deserve appreciation,” he said, adding that best traveling facilities would be available to the people with the completion of the project while trade and economic activities would also be promoted.
He mentioned that four lakh vehicles pass through the Chowk daily and sometimes people had to face difficulties and mental torture due to traffic jam and their precious time was also wasted.
He said ambulances taking patients to the hospitals were also stuck up in the rush of traffic but after completion of this project people would get rid of these problems.
“Misappropriation of funds, nepotism and corruption are rampant in the name of development projects in the past and Faisalabad-Sumundri Road, Hafizabad Pindi Bhattian Road, Lahore Kasur Gunda Singh Road, Thokar Niazbeg Defence Road, Thokher Niazbeg flyover and Lahore Ring Road are proof of this fact. These projects bespeak of poor planning, dishonesty and plunder of the former rulers.
We have changed these graveyards of plunder into monuments of development. The Barkat Market underpass will be completed at a cost of Rs 100 million by September this year and the speed and quality of construction of the Kalma Chowk flyover will also be maintained in this project,” he asserted.
- Kalma Chowk: Flyover will open on time, say officials (pakistannationalnews.com)
- Decades of traffic woes end today (nation.com.pk)
- You: Nation wants peace in Karachi: Shahbaz (nation.com.pk)
- lahore: LDA approves deficit budget (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Monsoon Monday: Lahoris struggle to cope with 12 hours of rain (pakistannationalnews.com)
- Planning and execution: Lahore Ring Road works near airport linger on (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Relief centres for Fata IDPs set up at DHA (nation.com.pk)
- Heavy rain in Punjab, 4 killed in roof collapse (aaj.tv)
- Ahram-e-Misr Lahore, Lahore – By Bahria Town (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Pre-dawn abduction: American ‘aid expert’ kidnapped in Lahore (pakistannationalnews.com)
- LHC moved against Shahbaz on court contempt charge (nation.com.pk)
- CM for real efforts to get I-Day goals (nation.com.pk)
- Break begging bowl to safeguard Nuclear assets: Shahbaz Sharif (nation.com.pk)
- Urban development: So what do we do about Canal traffic? (pakistannationalnews.com)
- Lahore: CM opens Kalma Chowk flyover (propertiesinpakistan.pk)