ISLAMABAD: The Supreme Court (SC) while taking suo moto notice on the allotment of 72 acres land worth billions of rupees to the Gun Club Islamabad at the cheap rate of one crore rupees per acre, on Tuesday directed chairman of Capital Development Authority (CDA) to submit a report on status of the Club.
The court also issued notice to secretary Sports Board, to submit comments regarding the matter. The court fixed the hearing of the case on August 16 on the petition under article 184(3) of the Constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan and also issued notice to Attorney General of Pakistan.
Chief Justice of Pakistan Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry has taken notice on the news clipping published in an Urdu daily on August 1, regarding allotment of 72 acres land worth billions of rupees to the Gun Club at the cheap rate of one crore rupees per acre.
Meanwhile, the report was called from the Chairman, CDA on August 8, 2011.
CDA Chairman Imtiaz Inayat Elahi informed the Court in his report that the finance wing of the authority was still working on the lease of 28 acres of prime land to an elite club in addition to another 44 acres.
Report submitted that the 72 acres of land was allotted to the Gun and Country Club in a dubious manner; the CDA said the amount to be charged from the club for the 28 acres was still being calculated, but the report is silent as to when the additional 28 acres were leased out to the club.
The gun club was established in November 2002 by the Ministry of Sports, Culture and Tourism and it is spread over 44 acres of land owned by the Pakistan Sports Board (PSB). On June 18, 2011, the CDA board acceded to the request of the sports ministry for execution of the lease directly between the club and the civic agency.
- CDA launches drive to ake capital litter-free (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Bill tabled in NA to restrain CDA from changes in Master Plan (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- CDA suspends two officers (nation.com.pk)
- FIA submits report to court; judicial remand of MNA extended (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- TTP commander arrested from Islamabad (nation.com.pk)
- SC announces verdict tomorrow (nation.com.pk)
- Fire in two commercial plazas of Islamabad cause millions of rupees losses (nation.com.pk)
- Independence Day Tennis Cup (nation.com.pk)
- Jinnah Super Market: Islamabad’s neglected heart, sweat and soul (pakistannationalnews.com)
- Islamabad: Date extended on demand of overseas Pakistanis (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- You: ‘Shooting’ Ranger to die for murder (nation.com.pk)
- Govt will implement all SC verdicts, says Chandio (nation.com.pk)
- SC prayed against car lifting incidents (nation.com.pk)
- You: JC recommends addl judges for HCs (nation.com.pk)
- Covert diplomacy: At India’s behest, Britan lobbies for LeT crackdown (pakistannationalnews.com)
- PTV launches Shina and Balti news bulletin service (pamirtimes.net)
- Sarfraz Shah murder case: In swift trial, Rangers man is sentenced to death (pakistannationalnews.com)
- Death penalty in Pakistan teen’s murder (edition.cnn.com)
- You: No review petition against SC order (nation.com.pk)
- Supreme Court seeks report on hike in Hajj, Umrah fares (aaj.tv)
- Islamabad: Suo moto notice on lease of 72 acres land (propertiesinpakistan.pk)