ISLAMABAD: The Capital Development Authority has issued notices to 1,280 persons for throwing litter on roads and streets of the Federal Capital as part of its ongoing drive to make the city litter-free.
He said the notices were meant to warn violators and if they recommited the same offence, it would be converted into a ticket (challan).
The challan is sent to the court of magistrate who after hearing imposes fine of certain limit on the vilators keeping in view the gravity of the offence.
The official said the Directorate of Sanitation had carried out the anti-littering drive in sectors G-6, G-9 and I-10 so far.
Under the drive, he said entire sub-sectors were cleansed by CDA men manually or through machines.
He said the CDA had set up special camps where pamphlets were distributed among the people to make them aware of the campaign launched about two months ago.
He said over 200 sanitation staff were taking part in the drive and the garbage after collection was dumped at the dumping site through garbage compact vehicles and dumpers. It is one of the appreciating step of authority towards beautification and cleanliness of capital. staff report
- CDA suspends two officers (nation.com.pk)
- Jinnah Super Market: Islamabad’s neglected heart, sweat and soul (pakistannationalnews.com)
- Islamabad: Date extended on demand of overseas Pakistanis (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- You: Mini-tourist train to be formally launched in Capital tomorrow (nation.com.pk)
- Beko Fridge Freezer – Safety Notice [Barry Jacob] (ecademy.com)
- You: Consumer body advises caution in investing in CDA and Bahria housing enclaves (nation.com.pk)
- Beko Issues Recall After Blaze Caused By Fridge Freezer (first4lawyers.com)
- The CDA returns to Kansas. (rawkmode.com)
- You: Chairlifts at Margalla Hills soon (nation.com.pk)